Main Menu

2017 Baseball Thread

Started by Bison, February 07, 2017, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Ugh..is all I can say about the start of the season for the Royals.  Not good.  On the bright side the Twinkies are looking good.

MetalDog

How many teams do you root for?  29?

Bison

Kirby Puckett and George Brett. 

MetalDog

I know at one time Kirby had gotten big enough to mistaken for a team.  Hadn't realized Brett did, too.

Bison

Kirby was a great human being.  Too bad, he left us so soon. 

He had some epic moments in the World Series.  Sure he was a little rotund but the man could play.

Anyway.  I've always pulled for those two teams.  Odd I know.

MetalDog

I know you pull for both those teams.  Just giving you a little ribbing.  You would think after the success KC had after Kauffman opened up the purse strings that MLB's richest owner, Carl Pohlad, would do something similar.  No such luck.

Bison

The Twins ownership can certainly be hard to understand sometimes.

Bison

Royals so far cannot hit and bullpen has been horrible.  It's going to be a long season I fear.

bayonetbrant

it's 162 games - it's supposed to be a long season

Bison

I'm thinking long season as in sub-500.  The hitting should turn around a bit, but the bullpen is a shell of the last 4-5 seasons.

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 12, 2017, 07:11:47 AM
it's 162 games - it's supposed to be a long season

And it works out that way :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Too bad the Red Sox can't get players like Cespedes or Lester.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus