Main Menu

The Division 2

Started by Tpek, March 15, 2019, 02:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

I love that only one person now needs to open the restock box, and everyone else can just pick up their ammo!

Jamus34 I remember when I saw a healer for the first time.  He bent over someone and I was like "what the hell is he doing?  OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"  :o

Has anyone tried the conflict game modes yet?

JudgeDredd

For anyone who's interested in Angry Joe's (clean - well, more than usual) review

In the comments someone said it's more like a podcast - the format does seem more like it than a review
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

In between DCS flights this weekend, I played several hours of this. I definitely enjoy it, but I still can't tolerate more than a mission or two per session.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Huw the Poo

Shame it isn't quite clicking for you mate.  I have the exact opposite problem, I have to tear myself away from it!  There's always one more activity, one more project to turn in, one more mission, oooh I wonder if this gun will be better for me - better just test it out quickly!  Etc.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 25, 2019, 11:02:06 AM
Shame it isn't quite clicking for you mate.  I have the exact opposite problem, I have to tear myself away from it!  There's always one more activity, one more project to turn in, one more mission, oooh I wonder if this gun will be better for me - better just test it out quickly!  Etc.

Yes...the quest for ever more impressive loot definitely has an addictive quality. Its a very good game, but overall, these aren't the types of games that hold my attention for long. I may get 20 to 30 hours out of them before moving on...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Skoop

I jumped in to division at release and had fun with it, but this time around I'll wait til its under 10 bucks.  I feel so been there done that with division that'll wait, don't want anything to distract me from the Tomcat...too busy with that.

Kushan

Holy Sh*t!!! I was beginning to think that the end game and skill set was a little boring without world tiers and the specializations you got in The Division 1. Then I completed the 3 strongholds and triggered the end game and unlocked specializations! I now have a .50 cal sniper rifle!!!! muahahahaha this is gonna be great!

Probably common knowledge but I've done my best to just experience the game and not look up too much online. In retrospect I wish I had finished all the side missions I had left. I can still do them but DC isn't as friendly as it was a few minutes ago.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

JudgeDredd

Is anyone still playing this and getting bumped to the desktop randomly?

I bought it last night and in my short time of playing it today (maybe 3 hours), it;s crashed 4 times.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Constant crashes. It could be 5 minutes. It could be 35. There's no pattern to them.

I've played a shit load today and had a shit load of crashes. Two of the times, I literally logged in, got to the safe house and the game crashed - just standing there. Wasn't even doing anything. Other times I got maybe an hour of play before a crash. Sometimes half an hour. Sometimes 10 minutes.

I accepted a mission where an agent needed assistance. I don't know how infuriating it was for them because I accepted and within the time of the mission starting and being completed, I crashed 5 times.

No other game is crashing on my system (Ghost Recon Wildlands, Elite:Dangerous, Star Citizen, F1 2018, Skyrim).

This is definitely down to the game and/or conflict with something on my system. I've been looking about but can't see anything solid...there's some people experiencing "similar" issues, but the advice is very sketchy and seems to be grabbing at straws. Nothing concrete.

So it's down tools on this for the time being. Pity as it's a league ahead of The Division. The fact I've had so many crashes and still gone back to it is testament to it's draw...but I'm going to wait for another patch or two and see if they help.
Alba gu' brath

Huw the Poo

That's a shame.  I was considering getting the PC version lately but I'll hold off for now.  I know this won't make you feel any better but it's been rock-solid on PS4, not a single crash.  Some irritating sound bugs though.

JudgeDredd

I read somewhere about switching off DX12 Renderer in game so I've tried that and will post back if it makes a difference.

My graphics card is only a year old so I'd imagine it would be DX12 capable though
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

I've been playing for 2 straight hours this morning and not a single crash. Seems like the DX12 Renderer was the issue
Alba gu' brath

Tpek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 06, 2019, 02:36:23 AM
I've been playing for 2 straight hours this morning and not a single crash. Seems like the DX12 Renderer was the issue

Glad you managed to get it sorted out JD.