Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 01, 2014, 08:14:01 PM
Shit.
I need 1 action to load the 'zooka first, then another to fire unless someone else can get here and fire it on the action that I load it. Is that allowed? If I load it on my next action and there is someone else in my hex can I instantly hand it off so they can shoot?

Kinda, if one person has the bazooka and another has the round then one can load and the other can shoot in the same action round. But right now you hold it all, so someone needs to get to your hex and then you can give then the rounds OR the bazooka, then you can go from there.

Also remember that leaders can give their action to others that are in their command range.

Staggerwing

So if UCG hoofs it over here I can load and shoot at the same time?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

You'd have to give him a round first so he can load it, or give him the bazooka and then you load it for him.

By the way you don't have line of sight to the guards shack right now....

Staggerwing

Yeah, I have to move forward where they might get a peek at me. Can I use my free stance change at the beginning of an action, IE, crawl forwards. Then, next action crouch and fire (assuming I loaded before the crawl)?

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Barthheart

Not sure I understand you, but Stance change has nothing to do with moving hexes....

Also you need to be crouching or standing to load and fire the bazooka.... also to change hexes.

Staggerwing

Barthheart

Not exactly, moving in a crouch only allows you to move 1 hex which is kind of crawling.

Here's a possible sequence that could work if your side's init roll goes well next round:
This round UCG runs to stand in your hex.
Next round, if the roll goes right and UCG gets at least 1 actions and you get 2 actions:
You use one of your actions to crouch and load the bazooka.
UCG then gives you one of his actions, so you can immediately move into the next hex.
Next action you can fire the bazooka at the shack.

Staggerwing

Hmm. OK, lets see how the chips fall next go around.

undercovergeek

consider me hoofing towards SW then

BanzaiCat

Son of a...

I had a feeling that was going to happen. And I did remember the guards in the shack tripping the bridges from previous plays of mine, but I didn't want to say that here and kind of cheat. Very frustrating, but I remember several playthroughs of this mission on my own ending in abject failure too.

Let's kill us some Germans. Though we do get more VPs for capturing them, right?

undercovergeek

capturing doesnt include carrying their bits home in a bag after SW explodes the shack?

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 02, 2014, 07:26:14 AM
capturing doesnt include carrying their bits home in a bag after SW explodes the shack?

Err... ummm... no.

And the only German worth more live than dead is the SS General..... who is currently speeding away in his 1st generation VW.....

And yes this mission is a real bitch to win... but when you set up a chronologic campaign it's the first that needs to be done. The next mission you all should ace now that you've got some experience.  ^-^

BanzaiCat

If mirth has an LOS to the General currently speeding away - or anyone does for that matter - that should be a priority target, even if it is a near impossible shot.

Barthheart

Current visibility is only 5 hexes.....

undercovergeek