Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogaburan

Was wondering guys, how close is this game to actually starting?

It seems you guys are not set up on a map yet... im asking because i want to know how much time i have to submit my Ashdod Pretender... it seems its just me and another dude who haven't yet.

undercovergeek

think the maps agreed at the one on the front page

i think the only hold up then is the last 2 pretenders

Ogaburan

Well, ive just sent mine... and thanks to the donator again, hope to have a longer game with Ashdod then with the apes...

Cheers.

JasonPratt

"Gameleaper", playing LA Arco, had to drop out of the Late Age game; would someone like to take his position there?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 11, 2013, 03:48:19 PM
"Gameleaper", playing LA Arco, had to drop out of the Late Age game; would someone like to take his position there?

on a side note - whats left to do here?

Ogaburan

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 11, 2013, 03:48:19 PM

Im willing to give ti a try... I dont really know what im doing in LG, so it will be a hilarious catastrophe!
Not sure its what you guys are looking for tho...

I can only guarantee i wont suicide hordes of basic troops like the AI... which docent say much...  :-\

Also, to the matter at hand...
If my vote counts (look at avatar) for something, I tried out the Faerun map... and not to hurt anyone's feeling and as much as  Faerun-fan that I am (Whats 4th edition?  >:()...
It just feels strange and wrong to me... so I'll vote against it.

I dont know how many of those "hand-drawn" maps exist, but those looks magnificent and really fit the game.
Just my 2 cents...  ::)
TAKE THEM!  >:(
Please?  :-[
:'(

JasonPratt

Well, for one thing I need to choose a pretender, tonight I hope. ;)

Also, there are still two slots open, and someone else may join by tomorrow.

Sometime tomorrow I'll set the game to autostart when all pretenders have been sent (whether I've sent mine in or not by then).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Okay, unless someone else joins between now and tomorrow, W8aminute is the only player who hasn't sent a pretender. I'll ping him.

Bison

I don't want to build anyone's expectations here, but if my test runs with my winged dudes is any indication I give myself a 90% chance of not surviving past 15 turns.  Of course the percentage increases by 1.75% every turn there after.  I need a plan!

Ogaburan

Quote from: Bison on April 11, 2013, 11:06:28 PM
I don't want to build anyone's expectations here, but if my test runs with my winged dudes is any indication I give myself a 90% chance of not surviving past 15 turns.  Of course the percentage increases by 1.75% every turn there after.  I need a plan!

Test?
Plans?
Im still reading the manual...

I hope you are my neighbor tho, i could beat such odds.
Statistically speaking!

undercovergeek

Quick drive by whilst at work - how many indy domains do we get on this map? 15-ish or is it more

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 12, 2013, 05:55:25 AM
Quick drive by whilst at work - how many indy domains do we get on this map? 15-ish or is it more

Currently, 22 for every land faction. No worse than 20 if the final two land nations join.

The three underwater nations average 23 ocean provinces apiece without even factoring into the land areas. Plenty of room for everyone, although no doubt we'll be going onto land if we can eventually. :)

JasonPratt

Note: whoever may be thinking about taking over for Late Arcoscephale in the other game here's the thread), they're at war with Bogarus and just had a crushing defeat to their army invading Bogarus.

The Boga player says he's actually on good terms personally with the Arco player out-of-character, and is willing to grant peace to anyone taking over Arco, so there won't be any hard feelings, but an Arco sub needs to know the pros and cons of taking over:

CON: one of your armies was just wiped out. I don't know if you have any others yet.

PRO: you're starting with a nation that has developed over a year in-game (15 turns), enough so to create a fairly large army with elephants.

CON: you're starting with a nation that hasn't apparently developed much magically. Which is why they lost that huge invading army.

CON: you'll be playing Late Age Acroscephale, which tends to be pretty weak.

PRO: you'll be starting with automatic alliance with a fairly well-protected corner-edge opponent.

CON: it might be effectively a vassalage alliance, and since your opponent is in a corner of the map he may want some of your lands as access to the rest of the map.

PRO: your ally is one of the few nations in the game who has an inherent chance to win against Late Age Ermor.

CON: Late Age Ermor is in this game. ;)

CON: Odds are good you'll share a border with LAErmor. (I know where Ermor isn't, which by the power of deduction means they must be somewhere near Arco.)

PRO: LAErmor is played by a newbie who says he inadvertently crippled Ermor out of the gate by pretender design.

CON: LAErmor just about defines "being able to recover" and "easily getting stronger over time".

PRO: Bogarus has an alliance with the only other team on the map with some chance of defeating LAErmor.

In conclusion: whoever takes over for LAArco should be prepared to become the servant of Bogarus. And by "servant" I mean the kind of servant you might find in a Russian prison.  ::)