Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: elitesix on April 19, 2013, 05:19:21 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 19, 2013, 05:04:53 PM
I'm setting up a scrying farm in another game; I doubt I'll live long enough in this one for that to ever happen. ;)
much like real life, you can only trust those who you put into power :)

chortle,

this is going to come back and bite you

Phobos

There are a few other magic site searching spells.

Bowl of Blood.  For blood magic.

Voice of Tiamat.  You need to cast this if you want to remote search underwater (some of the other site-searching spells can only be cast on land or target land provinces).  This spell finds all elemental magic sites under water (fire, earth, air and water).

Akashic Record.  Very expensive, but reveals all magic sites in a province.  So far as I know, it is the only spell that can reveal Holy magic sites.

There is also a global spell, Strands of Arcane Power, that will occasionally reveal magic sites in friendly dominion, among other things. 

elitesix

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 19, 2013, 05:21:15 PM
Quote from: elitesix on April 19, 2013, 05:19:21 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 19, 2013, 05:04:53 PM
I'm setting up a scrying farm in another game; I doubt I'll live long enough in this one for that to ever happen. ;)
much like real life, you can only trust those who you put into power :)

chortle,

this is going to come back and bite you

haha probably :)

JasonPratt

Yes, well, that would be me out of the game either way.

And Gamin isn't the sort of person (despite being weak) to accept a vassalage position, so not an option for me in this game either.

I'll just have to kamakaze out of the game.  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bison

Putting Dom 3 and mods on my desktop tonight or tomorrow.  I know I'm holding everyone back from taking out your gracious host Jason.

Philippe

I would like to remind anyone who submits their turn last that they can (and should) submit two turns back-to-back.

It's more fun that way for everyone (and shifts the onus onto someone else).

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Ogaburan

Quote from: Philippe on April 19, 2013, 10:23:03 PM
I would like to remind anyone who submits their turn last that they can (and should) submit two turns back-to-back.

It's more fun that way for everyone (and shifts the onus onto someone else).

What a good idea!
I wish people would take you on this advice!

*cough* Bison *cough*

Philippe

Huw the Poo

All this talk about people taking their turns is really starting to piss me off.  The turn timers are there for a reason.  If someone hasn't submitted their turn by the end of the timer, the turn resolves anyway and you'll get yours to play.

It can be kind of frustrating when everyone's waiting for one person to take their turn, but it's inevitable when people have families, jobs etc and there are so many people playing.  Stop bringing the mood down.

Edit: In fact, I don't think in the three games we have running here that anyone has even failed to submit a turn once yet.  Hardly cause for complaint, is it?

JasonPratt

PHEW!

I can't believe I managed to hold on for another season (and actually gain a bit)...

I'm far from out of the hole yet, though. Odds are still very good Atlantis will steamroll me sometime during the next few turns. Cash has its own quality, and right now he has it. Whereas, I won't be gaining any more territory anytime real soon.

(This is not exactly a spoiler; Atlantis knows how wiped out I am, and I already had to alert everyone else about that publicly as part of my strategic ploy. Logically, I couldn't possibly expand for the next few turns. Whereas he can go rampaging off in the other direction, pretty much at will, if he hasn't already been doing so already.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

W8taminute

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 20, 2013, 07:32:33 AM
All this talk about people taking their turns is really starting to piss me off.  The turn timers are there for a reason.  If someone hasn't submitted their turn by the end of the timer, the turn resolves anyway and you'll get yours to play.

It can be kind of frustrating when everyone's waiting for one person to take their turn, but it's inevitable when people have families, jobs etc and there are so many people playing.  Stop bringing the mood down.

Edit: In fact, I don't think in the three games we have running here that anyone has even failed to submit a turn once yet.  Hardly cause for complaint, is it?

+1
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek

Quote from: W8taminute on April 20, 2013, 08:03:15 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 20, 2013, 07:32:33 AM

+1

i think its because the early phase is getting left behind and its that part where juicy units are recruitable and black candles are on the horizon - its just enthusiasm

Philippe

Anyone know what happened to Olaf?  What part of the world did he live in?