Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

For the record:  I am not the last one to submit my turn.  Yay for me!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Bison on April 20, 2013, 10:03:59 AM
For the record:  I am not the last one to submit my turn.  Yay for me!

lmao - hows it going so far?

byrdman57

Quote from: Philippe on April 20, 2013, 09:36:46 AM
Anyone know what happened to Olaf?  What part of the world did he live in?

Olaf, unfortunately, died valiantly fighting nasty independents. That's right folks, On turn 5 I managed to kill my god.

elitesix

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 20, 2013, 07:34:55 AM
PHEW!

I can't believe I managed to hold on for another season (and actually gain a bit)...

I'm far from out of the hole yet, though. Odds are still very good Atlantis will steamroll me sometime during the next few turns. Cash has its own quality, and right now he has it. Whereas, I won't be gaining any more territory anytime real soon.

(This is not exactly a spoiler; Atlantis knows how wiped out I am, and I already had to alert everyone else about that publicly as part of my strategic ploy. Logically, I couldn't possibly expand for the next few turns. Whereas he can go rampaging off in the other direction, pretty much at will, if he hasn't already been doing so already.)

The secret weapon was Spirit Curse. He cursed my Kraken Pretender.

As a result, by the end of our first battle, my Kraken was cursed, blind (attack 0 defense 0 precision 0), never healing wounded, lost a tentacle, and had a chest wound.

Damn your spirit curse! :) You bought yourself some time because you took my SCPretender out of the next few fights. Now I just have to wait for recuperation!

undercovergeek

Quote from: byrdman57 on April 20, 2013, 10:32:34 AM

Olaf, unfortunately, died valiantly fighting nasty independents. That's right folks, On turn 5 I managed to kill my god.

oh dear - snigger

how do you get him back?

elitesix

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 20, 2013, 10:42:21 AM

oh dear - snigger

how do you get him back?

I think it's 50-60 cumulative turns of priest levels calling. (meaning roughly 20 H3 priests calling god for 1 turn, or 60 H1 priests). In my tests it was closer to 50, but there seemed to be a random element.

It's not too bad to do in early mid-game, just get like 5-6 H2 Priests to call god and he will appear in about half a year. With -1 Magic Levels of course.

byrdman57

At this point I'm not really worried about that. To be honest, he didn't really play too huge a role in my plans anyway (not that I really have much of a plan). What bothers me is now my expansion is basically halted for the next 3 turns while I rebuild my army.

Ogaburan

Manual says you can get your god back with 40 points into "call god".
lvl 1 priest = 1 pt.
lvl 3 priest = 3 points.

P.s - Hope you are my neighbor!

undercovergeek

ScottWAR

Oops. I said Northwest corner as well,....I am in the NORTHEAST corner,....all alone. However,.....being my first mp game,....I had to change my strategy,..so my first turn was basically wasted,...and too many of the territories around me have cavalry, so each fight I lose more of my fodder units than I want.

So, no need to worry about me at this point.

Beelzeboss

All is well in Pythium so far :). My god is still asleep but expanding is going well.
I also found a magic site that gives me 3 death gems a turn so if anyone wants these, I'm willing to trade them.

Bison

Well since we're talking strategy here....

My strategy of not knowing what the hell I'm doing seems to be playing out quit nicely.  I don't think I've made any major decisions to upset this strategy yet.

Huw the Poo

Haha, that made me laugh Bison!

Things are going well here.  Arcoscephale's troops are decidedly average, but our elephants do very well against disorganised independents.  Expansion is not going to be a problem.

I think I'm about to meet one of you guys though!

Bison

Well I hope it's not me.  I don't like having to scrape elephant crap off my shoes as I do victory laps around the battlefield.

mkivcs

OK I seem to get the wooden spoon for being the last to submit on this occasion.Apologies I was not expecting a turn today as i thought people were away. I guess I get the bonus 2 turns tonight. Just got in and starting my turn should be submitted in the next hour