Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrdman57

When I get home from work I'll catalogue them all. Suffice to say, alot. And he's going to die from disease next month.

And boy, he has quite a handful of gems that I imagine will die with him... I don't think they'll end up in my treasury.

JasonPratt

You should hope he dies in your territory; then they will (have at least a chance of) end(ing) up in your inventory.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

byrdman57

It appears that poor Dagan has lost both his eyes, suffers from a terrible case of fright, and is diseased.

Philippe

I don't see him on the list of available or hired mercenaries, so my guess would be that he didn't.

Alas, poor Dagan, I knew him well.  Where be your jibes now?  Your merriment?
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

byrdman57

Alas Dagan succumbed to disease, but not before completing his last useful act. He built my lab :)

elitesix

Sadness :(. I wanted to hire him.
Quote from: byrdman57 on May 04, 2013, 08:25:31 PM
Alas Dagan succumbed to disease, but not before completing his last useful act. He built my lab :)

mkivcs

Quote from: elitesix on May 04, 2013, 11:03:53 PM
Sadness :(. I wanted to hire him.
Quote from: byrdman57 on May 04, 2013, 08:25:31 PM

I've got some bits of him that fell off in a box somewhere, send me some gold and I'll teleport them to you. I wonder if he left those gems behind?

JasonPratt

ALERT!!--I WILL NOT ENFORCE THAT TRADE!!!  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Ubercat

Remember guys, if you're the last person to take your turn, you can go ahead and take the next one a minute later after the server processes.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Lunaje

I think that's unnecessary pressure on players. The game was created with a 48 hours schedule, and players should be allowed to make use of them as long as they don't stale, which starts damaging the game. There are a million valid reasons why players may take the 48 hours to send their turns.

I for example, was the last one to send his turn this time, but I don't always do so. I may have send two turns in a row if we were in the very early game (when there aren't many things to do), but I don't want to do so anymore because if I send the turns very early, the next turn may come earlier too, and that messes up my schedule; 48 hours helps me deal with that. And also I won't send my current turn right away because I'm at work and can't play here. I sent the current one just this morning because yesterday I was very busy and forgot about it.
  So I will send my turns as soon as I can, every time, but probably won't send two turns in a row if I'm the last one to send (which probably won't be very often, given the first part).

I don't intend to sound rude, but I'm just one player. And with many players in this game, I'm sure they have reasons as or more valid than mine to make use of the 48 hours to play. I'd like to think we're not being slow just to annoy the rest :P

W8taminute

I don't think it's a matter of players being slow intentionally, at least for most of what I've seen here.  We're all a great group of guys and I'm enjoying this game immensely.  You all are a big reason why this game is fun.

Life is getting in the way most of the time there is a delay in sending in a turn.  While we may all be at different stages in life (i.e. married with kids, single but committed, etc.) I think we're all mature enough to send in our turns real life events permitting.  Most of the PBEM games I've played have involved no more than 3 other human players.  The game turns for this mammoth PBEM are coming in way faster than many of those smaller PBEM games I've played so the pace is very impressive IMHO. 

As we move deeper into this particular game the decisions being made for each turn increase exponentially in complexity.  Hence more time is needed to process a turn the later we get into the game.  I for one need plenty of time to ponder and reason out the issues that are presented to me as the game develops.  Although I could speed up my response time by immediately submitting my turn upon email receipt, I won't because I may need to analyze the situation more closely.  That means that I need to get real life stuff done first and out of the way so that I have a good time block to dedicate to this game.  If I didn't care about what happened to me sure I'd rush through and submit my turns quickly.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek

Quote from: W8taminute on May 06, 2013, 10:44:42 AM
I don't think it's a matter of players being slow intentionally, at least for most of what I've seen here.  We're all a great group of guys and I'm enjoying this game immensely.  You all are a big reason why this game is fun.

Life is getting in the way most of the time there is a delay in sending in a turn.  While we may all be at different stages in life (i.e. married with kids, single but committed, etc.) I think we're all mature enough to send in our turns real life events permitting.  Most of the PBEM games I've played have involved no more than 3 other human players.  The game turns for this mammoth PBEM are coming in way faster than many of those smaller PBEM games I've played so the pace is very impressive IMHO. 

As we move deeper into this particular game the decisions being made for each turn increase exponentially in complexity.  Hence more time is needed to process a turn the later we get into the game.  I for one need plenty of time to ponder and reason out the issues that are presented to me as the game develops.  Although I could speed up my response time by immediately submitting my turn upon email receipt, I won't because I may need to analyze the situation more closely.  That means that I need to get real life stuff done first and out of the way so that I have a good time block to dedicate to this game.  If I didn't care about what happened to me sure I'd rush through and submit my turns quickly.

what i have found as the game gets deeper and the intracacies of the plot play out - i need to plan alot more ahead, like chess - theres a lot of 'if i go there now, and meet those troops from there, and he doesnt attack there and i move over here' - whilst ive enjoyed all the MP Dom III games im in - im enjoying this one very much, well i was until Ubercat showed up on my horizon  :P

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Lunaje on May 06, 2013, 10:08:42 AM
I don't intend to sound rude, but I'm just one player.

You don't sound rude at all, your points are perfectly valid.  As I've said before, turn timers are there for a reason and as long as people aren't failing to submit turns, there's no problem as far as I'm concerned.

elitesix

Back to back turns are hard to do in anything but super early game because diplomacy is very important to dominions 3.

And with a new turn file, there are often new situations that require diplomatic communication before planning one's turn.

That being said, I do like it when the last player submits back to back turns from turn 1-10. But after turn 10, there is enough diplomacy for that to be unrealistic sometimes.