Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: elitesix on May 07, 2013, 11:31:59 AM
It's better to identify your neighbor and use an out of game messaging system. The ingame one is too delayed to be of any real use.

Very true. Still fun to use some times, especially if you have sneaky reasons for wanting the information to be delayed a turn. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: claes on May 07, 2013, 11:06:19 AM
This is a nice and helpful community, and I posted in a thrad on Wargamer forum alluding to that, because I have heard some stories of other communities torn apart by distrust and malice and certain gamers desires to win at all costs, even at the expense of his role-play and whether or not anyone else suffers for it.

I've often wondered what possible enjoyment such people can get out of a game.  When I was a young child I briefly didn't enjoy playing a game unless I won, but I quickly grew out of that.

Claes, thanks for your kind words.  It's a pleasure to have you aboard!  Don't be shy of the rest of the forum too! 8)

JasonPratt

I'm far too embarrassed by your compliments to reply with any coherency, Claes.

So please accept this animated gif from the Wargamer smiley collection. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Ogaburan

Quote from: claes on May 07, 2013, 11:06:19 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on May 07, 2013, 07:36:33 AM
Also, I WENT TO ALL THE TROUBLE OF SETTING UP THIS GAME DANGIT!!!  ;D So there.

And I sincerely hope that you do so again, at a later date.  You are an amazing and unique gm of sorts, and you are very personable.  While I haven't experienced any others in the Dom3 community yet, I have a feeling that you shine among them.  I am very glad to have met you, and all of the players.  This is a nice and helpful community.

Exactly how I feel, game also seems to actually BE noob friendly, unlike others I joined where I was supposed to be cannon fodder to RL Scandinavians friends...

Mr Pratt, I salute you.

JasonPratt

Hey, I proved how newbie friendly this game was by PROMPTLY GETTING MYSELF KILLED OUT OF THE GAME!

Now that's hardcore devotion.  ;)

Huw the Poo

You do seem to have cultivated a real talent for getting killed early! :D

elitesix

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 07, 2013, 05:04:10 PM
You do seem to have cultivated a real talent for getting killed early! :D

It's not his fault - just ask undercovergeek :)

elitesix

Just making sure that everyone knows this:

Everyone should double check the llamaserver page 20 minutes after they email their 2h file to make sure it was received.

JasonPratt

More specifically, if you haven't gotten back an acknowledgment of receipt in 20 minutes, you might as well resend.

elitesix

claes man, heads up, you staled last turn (you did not submit your turn and the 48hr timer expired).

JasonPratt

Well, hopefully he was just planning to research and keep building some forts or whatever.

I don't think I received any request for an extension...?

Meanwhile, squee, my first turn as Ulm as arrived!

... ...... I did not just squee.

elitesix

Stales hurt, but one stale only really hurts like before turn 10 or when you're at war...it's not a huge deal imho.

byrdman57

That was an interesting battle for your first turn Jason. If those pikement could have hung on for another round or two, you could have won the battle.

undercovergeek

Quote from: byrdman57 on May 08, 2013, 12:45:40 PM
That was an interesting battle for your first turn Jason. If those pikement could have hung on for another round or two, you could have won the battle.

hes fighting already?

such an angry man

byrdman57

He's also patrolling a lot. Already killed two of my scouts.