Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

That's one way to win, actually, so go you! :)

The new turn is up btw, so everyone have fun. Hopefully next time I won't need the full two days to finish catching up. (I still have some things to do, but if I said what they were I might be inviting trouble. ; ) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Anybody got fire Gems they want to trade?  PM me for a list of Gems I can supply.  Serious offers only.  Likes to take long walks on the beach. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Bison

I'm waiting for a light breeze to blow over my house of cards.

byrdman57

Quote from: W8taminute on May 15, 2013, 08:34:04 PM
Anybody got fire Gems they want to trade?  PM me for a list of Gems I can supply.  Serious offers only.  Likes to take long walks on the beach.

Maybe you haven't heard, but I don't think the beaches in Faerun are very safe...

elitesix

Quote from: byrdman57 on May 15, 2013, 09:47:56 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on May 15, 2013, 08:34:04 PM

Maybe you haven't heard, but I don't think the beaches in Faerun are very safe...

Au contraire, the beaches are very safe! Just be sure to stay out of the water, unless you like playing with krakens. And try to keep away from the numerous bodies that wash up on the shore, they tend to carry disease.

And if you happen find a magic item wash ashore, contact your local Atlantean priest for a reward!

undercovergeek

is this the turn Vlam went AI? i dont think hes expecting this one

byrdman57

I'm pretty sure Vlam went AI in the other game...

JasonPratt

Vlam may be about to go AI in this game, too, depending on how Agartha is doing. I'll check.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Vlam

I went AI the other game because I lost.
I'm not dead yet in this one.
Unfortunately, I am sorry but I have A LOT OF WORK that was given yesterday, and I'm totally under pressure...
Would you be willing to set the next turn to tomorrow 4:00 PM please :( ?

I'll play this one as fast as possible, sorry one more time. And if you don't want to, I'll stale, no problem ;) .

JasonPratt

Ignore the pmail and email I sent to check up on you, then. :)

Um, when you say 4:00 tomorrow, what is your time currently?

Edited to add: don't worry, never mind, I'll just set it to 10:30ish pm Sunday GMT to be safe.

Edited to add: now done, with an immediate reset to 48 hours, so as soon as we all send in a turn less than 48 hours before the deadline, the deadline advancement will automatically go back to normal. I'm glad I figured out how to do that.  :D

Bison

I have come to the firm conclusion that I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

claes

Quote from: Bison on May 17, 2013, 09:59:41 PM

I, too, am simply trying to rule my kingdom of Mictlan.  But I am incredibly delighted as I do so, not because I will most assuredly lose, but because I see such wonderful permutations this game will have for me in the future ;)  I am seriously delighted with this game, losing though I am.  So much opportunity to learn, and so much time and space in which to do it.  Even if I am slaughtered I consider this game a win!

And getting into slow games is perfect for me as I am getting back into academia this next Fall semester.  I hope we have one running more or less all the time.  This is a really manageable time commitment for me along with my other game and RL commitments ;)

Vlam

Thank you very much for this extra time!!!

Yes, I guess that dom3 is this kind of game where you keep learning after years and years.
I'm trying stuff in this one :)

JasonPratt

Quote from: Bison on May 17, 2013, 09:59:41 PM

You're ahead of me, then.

I'm pretty sure I have some idea what I'm doing, but I'm probably wrong! Dom3 is like that.

mkivcs

Likewise I'm enjoying this game greatly and having manged to survive this far have learnt a great deal about what not to do!

A general question. I can see that its possible to increase a province's income but don't see anyway to do anything about resource. I have one province with a resource of 0 and as far as I can see I could never recruit anything here except PD. I suppose I could build a city but this seems an expensive experiment if I end up with 1 militia as a result.  I suppose I could just ignore it but its been irritating me and I've drawn a blank trying to find an answear so I guess this is a just a rubbish addition to the empire.