What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

On my gaming table atm is 'Saints in Armor' from GMT. I'm currently playing the 'White Mountain' scenario and learning the rules.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on June 10, 2016, 11:47:02 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 10, 2016, 11:35:36 AM
(Technically I'm not playing MY copy of it, so I guess that doesn't count among all youse wise guys.)

I hope that isn't the rule here

I imagine that getting out and playing it, regardless of ownership, counts...it's sort of social...

mirth

If my social life didn't include demented and sad, I would not have a social life.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I've had none in the last many weeks. Only that murder mystery show. I guess that counts. Gaming, though...not much.  :buck2:

panzerde

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 10, 2016, 11:12:52 AM
Isn't "in-punched" what Mississippi wargamers do when they play with their sisters? ;)

"In-punched" is what you call counters that are not only still on the sprue, but have square corners.  >:D

Or, it's how you type "un-punched" when you are also trying to deal with issues on two VMware clusters at two different customers at the same time because two of your senior engineers are out today but you'd rather be gaming.  :tickedoff:
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

panzerde

Quote from: bob48 on June 10, 2016, 11:49:54 AM
On my gaming table atm is 'Saints in Armor' from GMT. I'm currently playing the 'White Mountain' scenario and learning the rules.

And I'm relearning the rules, by doing the same thing and then talking about it with Bawb. The 'stache, or course, periodically rants at us with his anecdotes about his time in Mansfield's armies.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Quote from: Cyrano on June 10, 2016, 11:21:25 AM
Have a friend who holds WEEKEND parties to play "Firefly" with all the expansions.

Cooks like a fiend, cleans the whole joint, has cases of booze and soda.

...and complains that "Fire in the Lake" looks like to much of a time commitment...

GJK

5-player game of "Fall Blau" (Compass Games) today.  12 hours in and we're on turn 20 (of 60).   :idiot2:

Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Pinetree

Quote from: panzerde on June 10, 2016, 10:44:38 AM
Quote from: Pinetree on June 10, 2016, 03:54:04 AM
Just arrived today. 8) I don't get to actually open it until my birthday next month. :tickedoff:

I have that too but have yet to play it. Maybe we can try it out with Vassal.
Sounds like a plan. Maybe even try some live play if we can get the times to align..
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Crossroads

Quote from: GJK on June 11, 2016, 10:32:35 PM
5-player game of "Fall Blau" (Compass Games) today.  12 hours in and we're on turn 20 (of 60).   :idiot2:

Ooh, live play!  :smitten: Now if that would ever be possible here in Finland... Maybe I'll just need to tell my family the next Family Vacation will take place in some of the Boardgame Conventions!

Love the coffee mug btw
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Silent Disapproval Robot

I played my second game of Antike II today.  I really enjoyed my first run through with it in a 5-player game but I think I've already mined what enjoyment there is to be had out of it in our 6-player game today.  The late turns really just devolve into a rush to destroy other player's temples, especially in the 6 player game as all of the city building and science scoring cards are already gone. 

Silent Disapproval Robot

I got to talking about HOI IV with a few of the groggier types from the FLGS this weekend and we all felt let down by it to varying degrees but the conversation reminded one of the guys that he'd bought Triumph and Tragedy 2nd ed a while back but never had the chance to play it.  We're going to try out a three player game of it this week.  Looking forward to it. 

MengJiao

Quote from: bob48 on June 10, 2016, 11:49:54 AM

This reminded me that I have that game somewhere and it was a lot of fun.  I'm going to go dig it up.

GJK

Quote from: Crossroads on June 12, 2016, 02:56:07 AM
Quote from: GJK on June 11, 2016, 10:32:35 PM

Ooh, live play!  :smitten: Now if that would ever be possible here in Finland... Maybe I'll just need to tell my family the next Family Vacation will take place in some of the Boardgame Conventions!

Love the coffee mug btw

Come vacation down in Central Texas; wargaming heaven around here...there's several ASL groups that belong to the Central Texas ASL club, there's the Central Texas Wargamer club (the guys that I played with above) and the fruitloops in Austin Tx have lots of Eurogames, Magic, D&D and Warhammer stuff going on all the time.   >:D
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer