5th Annual NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge

Started by bayonetbrant, March 13, 2016, 07:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Hey guys, here's the thread for this year's NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge

Here's the page to enter your bracket

The group is up - we're "Grogheads 2016" and the password is nowolfpack   :'(

It's set for 2 entries / person, but that's only so I can create the usual "Straight Chalk" bracket that lets you compare against the tournament seeding.  Anyone entering 2 'legit' brackets will have both DQ'ed.

No idea what the prizes will be, but we'll come up with our usual "something" out of the grab-bag

I'll post daily updates each morning after games are played starting Friday 3/18
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Marty Ward

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 13, 2016, 07:10:44 PM
Hey guys, here's the thread for this year's NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge

Here's the page to enter your bracket

The group is up - we're "Grogheads 2016" and the password is nowolfpack   :'(

It's set for 2 entries / person, but that's only so I can create the usual "Straight Chalk" bracket that lets you compare against the tournament seeding.  Anyone entering 2 'legit' brackets will have both DQ'ed.

No idea what the prizes will be, but we'll come up with our usual "something" out of the grab-bag

I'll post daily updates each morning after games are played starting Friday 3/18

I'll be part of the fodder. How do you join the league? I don't see where you go.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

You have to sign in to ESPN, and there should be a button to "join group" toward the bottom.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Marty Ward

If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

bayonetbrant

you have to create a bracket then put it into a group

Marty Ward

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

Go Heels!
Beat Dook!

I'll find the time to make a bracket.

This could be the wildest NCAAs yet.  There have been more #1s this year than in the last 15 years.  The current #1 seeds have the highest number of combined losses of any four #1 seeds in my lifetime.  There are fewer dominant teams this year. 

OJsDad

OK, I've joined the cannon fodder brigade. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Marty Ward

OJsDad

I'm on the bottom before it starts.  So I'll be waiting for you.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

KyzBP

What's this "NCAA Bracket" thing you speak of? ;)  I guess I'll give it a try. :knuppel2:

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

Tho FWIW, after kicking our asses for several years, you've gone 3 straight without winning, and I've got 2 of the last 3

airboy

I've entered.  Pretty conventional picks - which is unlikely to work given the number of losses the top 16 seeds all have.

Dook still sucks.