Card Hunter Beta Keys!

Started by LongBlade, July 31, 2013, 08:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

I have a few beta keys for Card Hunter. Who wants some?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

I'll take one.  I've been waiting on a beta key after signing up recently so this will get me in quicker.  :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Got some PMs in addition to your request, Tent.

I have one left. Who wants it?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MetalDog

What do i do with it if I get it?  Never been part of a beta.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

FlickJax

Nefaro

Quote from: MetalDog on July 31, 2013, 11:09:37 PM
What do i do with it if I get it?  Never been part of a beta.

This one's rather open as they've been regularly adding a lot of players who simply signed up with their email address.  So it's not as testing intensive as a closed beta would be. 

This one was easy to get rolling.. just enter your login info and the beta key and you're in.  It's like an Early Access public game, so you can do single and multi player in it and they hope that you'll note down & report any bugs you experience while doing them.  Since they've been adding large chunks of players lately, I'm sure they're trying to get the multi-player bugs tracked down.

MetalDog

Thanks for the info, Nefaro.  Much obliged.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

I've also got 3 keys to hand out. PM me if you want one.

Tpek

Got three keys to send out as well.

TheCommandTent

Ok, so this game might be addictive......
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Barthheart

Arctic Blast

Quote from: TheCommandTent on August 02, 2013, 07:59:56 AM
Ok, so this game might be addictive......

Oh, it is. Just talking about it here has me wanting to try it again, so screw all of you... >:(

Quote from: Barthheart on August 02, 2013, 08:01:36 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on August 01, 2013, 11:26:50 PM
I've also got 3 keys to hand out. PM me if you want one.

PM sent.

And code sent.

And then there were 2 left...

Staggerwing

WTH is this game all about? (If I may be so bold as to ask)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 02, 2013, 09:02:05 PM
WTH is this game all about? (If I may be so bold as to ask)

From their website

QuoteCard Hunter is an online collectible card game with some twists:

It's free to play and you can win cards by playing the game.
    Search dungeons to find treasure and then equip your loot to build out your decks.
    Use your cards to move your characters and battle monsters' decks.

We're taking two great flavours and combining them into something new. Classic fantasy adventuring meets collectible card gaming!

Tired of pressing buttons while grinding away at quests? Card Hunter is all about skill – your skill at deck building and playing your cards. Tired of paying for endless new card sets? Card Hunter lets you win by playing, not by paying.

Its kind of a D&D type card game on your computer.  It's free to play and you don't have anything to lose by trying it out .... well other than several hours.   ;D

Nefaro

I'd say it's a turn-based fantasy strategy game with a mix of CCG and Minis (cardboard standee actually).

The card game side is what makes it interesting IMO.  Each piece of equipment you find and equip on one of your four characters gives him a few certain cards in that character's deck.  So not only are you playing move/attack/special order cards to attack during a tactical battle, you're also finding such pieces of equipment-cards as loot after winning each battle (along with the usual xp & level-up).

The artwork has it's own golden or silver age style of pen-paper & tabletop RPGs, down to the standees and map.  Cool stuff.

My only concern is how fast they plan to expand all the content, as you're usually just replaying previous "adventures" (series of battle map scenarios) until you level and loot up to meet pre-reqs for the next one.  It could use a few more character classes, adventures, equipment, etc in the future to keep things fresh.