Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parone

Kirryu was in heavy enemy dominions, reducing his hitpoints(check them at the beginning of the battle)

also, he ran into nikalatu, who had been specifically geared to kill him.  fire resistance, hero's blade, double quickened, double damage vs larger beings.

if my PD had not routed and caused him to flee, he might have killed the whole bunch of them(check out his 36 damage to one of the Zmeys on his way to kill Kiryu) 

unfortunately, once routed, defense plummets, and one of your other zmeys swiped him good and dead(while his defense was 28-but next to zero when fleeing, he only had like 18 HPs)

and so, out two favorite units are good and dead...

Yskonyn

Lol.. you guys are so much more advanced at this game than I am!
Zmeys? Really?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

parone

maybe.  but Ysk, you have MM3 flying thundersrikers(I bet) which makes up for a lot.

and besides, no matter how big and bad I might be, there is always someone bigger and badder...

JasonPratt

He must have swiped Kiryu in passing then, since the rout had already started, and nicked the last few hp.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

parone

I think he had routed, was retreating, and Kiryu was just in his way.  retreaters will attack if a unit is between them and the edge of the battlefield.   just bad luck for the old red fellow

JasonPratt

With the ID4 weekend ending, I'm putting the game back on 48 hours. Late Monday night is the deadline, unless I hear requests for extensions otherwise -- if necessary I'll manually blip the turn tomorrow night before hitting the sack (so people won't exploit the current Wed deadline without asking).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

parone

notice how i'm not quite so eager to get the turns hosted lately?  this is due to the fact that i'm afraid this game is about to turn into a 'theater of pain' for the poor, peace loving lizards of C'tis.... :'(

parone

C'tis is horrified by the behavior of Bogarus!!!

while we cast globals to rid the world of misery and increase the income of our neighbors, Bogarus casts the hatefull wrath of gods, sending lightning throughout the world in an effort to smite all those who do not follow the faith of the Bolsheveks!!

while the greatest damage will be done to those who border Bogarus(including C'tisian soldiers laboring to liberate those living under the yolk of the Brutal Bolsheviks), make no mistake.  when you go to use that special mage who you empowered/equipped, and now he is gone, smote down in his own lab, you will know the terrible cost of Bogarus' world crushing global.

Rise!  Rise up against tyranny!  Rise against senseless killing! Rise against Bogarus!!!

JasonPratt

Wow, the Wrath is sure working better on you than it ever once has done for me...  ;)

Now if only he can get something else cast...

Huw the Poo

I think I'm going to ragequit this one.

JasonPratt

It's important to know when to tip the king. I'm thinking of going AI next turn, mainly because my pretender is dead and I have no priests or temples, and no feasible way to get and hold any long enough to bring back my pretender. (Or anyway it's such a longshot I might as well spend my time doing something else.)

That wouldn't be a ragequit, I just don't see any way to feasibly continue. Competitions are mostly for losers, as the saying goes. ;)

Still, I've plopped my Ghidora squad as far away from my ally as possible, to minimize problems. :)

parone

how long, exactly, does it take to do your turn at this point?  not that im complaining, you quiting would likely benefit me greatly.

Yskonyn

Bogarus has taken control of the storms it seems...
Caelians are creatures of the skies and are not damaged by raging storms.
We smile upon all nations from our cloud fortresses.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Quote from: parone on July 08, 2013, 04:02:08 PM
how long, exactly, does it take to do your turn at this point?  not that im complaining, you quiting would likely benefit me greatly.

Oh, five minutes tops from downloading the turn to uploading the new turn. But it's five minutes to no feasible purpose anymore.