Richard Jewell

Started by Sir Slash, December 15, 2019, 11:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Saw it today with the Missus and we both liked it. Good film about a very bad way a good man was treated. Well acted, almost no action but compelling anyway, and well worth a matinee viewing. Rated, 'R' for language and a little blood.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

I want to see this - on a cruise, airplane, or Netflix. 

We are just down the road from Atlanta and I remember well how they treated him when he did something very brave. 

Tripoli

Quote from: airboy on December 25, 2019, 05:25:40 PM
I want to see this - on a cruise, airplane, or Netflix. 

We are just down the road from Atlanta and I remember well how they treated him when he did something very brave.

I saw it last week.  It is a good movie: a solid "B".  IMHO, this is Clint Eastwood's commentary on the current "CROSSFIRE HURRICANE" investigation. 
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 15, 2019, 11:19:34 PM
Saw it today with the Missus and we both liked it. Good film about a very bad way a good man was treated. Well acted, almost no action but compelling anyway, and well worth a matinee viewing. Rated, 'R' for language and a little blood.  :clap:

Did the trailer already tell us all the important plot points? I was surprised as all get out when I saw the preview, but also thought it is one of the very few movies I have any interest in seeing this year. But, I felt the same way about the Sullenberger movie, and as fun as it was to see recreated, bit of a letdown when you realize there isn't as much to the story as what got into the news.

demjansk1942

It's not the last time a government agencyi tried to screw someone over.  Just a shame this guy was railroaded.  Just think of the last 23 years and the number of individuals being tried for crimes they didn't commit from some government worker who has an agenda or ticket puncher for promotion.  Clean the mess up.

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Tripoli on December 25, 2019, 05:28:21 PM
I saw it last week.  It is a good movie: a solid "B".  IMHO, this is Clint Eastwood's commentary on the current "CROSSFIRE HURRICANE" investigation.

Saw it yesterday. I see no reason to believe this is an allegory for Trump. It stands on its own.

It's well done, like all of Eastwood's stuff. Obviously nothing new, and one can get the whole story (more, actually) off of Wikipedia. But the performances were very good. I didn't realize the lead playing Jewell had also played one of the dimwitted goons in I, Tonya as well.