2016 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

I spent many seasons watching the stumblebum Pats of yore. I've been quite content to watch them exact some revenge over the past 15 years.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

The pats have not been a great team since Steve Grogan retired,  which reminds me that maybe the Browns can convince Brian Sipe to come out of retirement.  I say let's bring back the glory days of the NFL, when football was about football.

mirth

Steve Grogan...you're funny. Did you watch those teams? Talk about snatching defeat fron the jaws of victory.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

The Pats were a joke for many years.  But so were the Giants and the Jets.  It's why I became a Bucs fan.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on August 31, 2016, 06:05:36 PM
The Pats were a joke for many years.  But so were the Giants and the Jets.  It's why I became a Bucs fan.

That's paid off for you!  :2funny:

MetalDog

They still have one more Lombardi trophy than the Vikings.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Quote from: mirth on August 31, 2016, 05:50:17 PM
Steve Grogan...you're funny. Did you watch those teams? Talk about snatching defeat fron the jaws of victory.

I did.  I actually liked to cheer for the old Tony Eason and Steve Grogan teams.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on August 31, 2016, 06:55:16 PM
Quote from: mirth on August 31, 2016, 05:50:17 PM

I did.  I actually liked to cheer for the old Tony Eason and Steve Grogan teams.

You are a glutton for punishment.

bayonetbrant

College season kicks off for a bunch of people tonight
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on August 31, 2016, 06:18:35 PM
They still have one more Lombardi trophy than the Vikings.

I don't even know what this Lombardi thing that you speak about is.

Bison

I'm just hoping K-State can stay within 2 TDs of Stanford.  This is the toughest opening game in awhile.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on September 01, 2016, 10:23:29 AM
I'm just hoping K-State can stay within 2 TDs of Stanford.  This is the toughest opening game in awhile.

keep Christian McCaffrey from catching the plane?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

It gets worse.  They play at Stanford.

bayonetbrant

Bison