2016 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Quote from: Bison on September 01, 2016, 10:18:19 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on August 31, 2016, 06:18:35 PM
They still have one more Lombardi trophy than the Vikings.

I don't even know what this Lombardi thing that you speak about is.

It's a big, shiny, metallic stand with a big, shiny, football on top that they give you for winning the Super Bowl. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

I don't follow UCLA and I haven't really heard about this kid, but I thought this was a good article:

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/a-beautiful-brash-mind/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

BanzaiCat

I've not really paid attention to this Kapernick nonsense...is is seriously saying the National Anthem is 'oppressive to black people?'

Doesn't seem to have bothered him at all in the last many seasons he's played...not to mention it's quite hilarious that he's creating this stink when he's on a downward slide.

Not to mention even more, his dumb ass was fined eleven thousand dollars last year for yelling "f*cking n***er!" on the field. That really shows a lot of solidarity for his 'fellow black man.' (And that, of course, is just what he was caught saying out loud. No telling what he says when cameras aren't rolling/refs aren't paying attention.)

This is probably better talked about in a Flame Wars thread, but holy hell there's so many clueless people jumping on the bandwagon, as usual, ignoring inconvenient facts. This guy is a hypocrite.

::)

airboy

After App State almost beat them Tennessee looks a bit over rated.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on September 02, 2016, 07:17:31 AM

Don't sleep in App St like Michigan did years ago.

There's a reason none of the other 5 school in North Carolina will schedule them.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

That App State Michigan game is a classic. 

mirth

I'm trying to figure why the hell Tom Brady played an entire half of a friggin preseason game  >:(
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on September 02, 2016, 07:35:33 AM
I'm trying to figure why the hell Tom Brady played an entire half of a friggin preseason game  >:(

They're saving Jacoby Brissett from injury risk
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Marty Ward

Quote from: mirth on September 02, 2016, 07:35:33 AM

It was the last practice he can have with the team until after his suspension. Makes sense as long as the first team O line was also playing!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

mirth

I know, Marty. It was a dumb chance to take though. A couple of series I maybe get, but he took 39 snaps against a team that would love nothing more than to end his season before it starts.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Marty Ward

Quote from: mirth on September 02, 2016, 03:05:22 PM
I know, Marty. It was a dumb chance to take though. A couple of series I maybe get, but he took 39 snaps against a team that would love nothing more than to end his season before it starts.

He has 4 weeks to recover and he is superman, what could possibly go wrong :)

I wish they would just get rid of the pre-season altogether. Add two more regular season games and get rid of two pre-season games. If you are going to get hurt it may as well be in a game that counts.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

mirth

I agree. NFL preseason is pretty much pointless. Two games would be more than plenty.

Marty Ward

Quote from: mirth on September 02, 2016, 03:36:40 PM
I agree. NFL preseason is pretty much pointless. Two games would be more than plenty.

Yes they could have scrimmages like they use to have if they want to get use to someone other than their own teammates hitting them.
With the year round conditioning there should be no need to get into football shape. The training camps should be about learning the plays and working together. Eliminating the pre-season games and adding 1 or 2 more regular season games seems like a reasonable compromise. The owners won't easily give up those 4 games!

mirth

The games are huge money makers. They get to charge full prices for glorified practices. The owners want a full preseason and an 18 game season. Ka-ching!

MetalDog

Quote from: airboy on September 02, 2016, 07:17:31 AM

Didn't see the game, but, that's the opinion I heard on the radio from guys who watched.  Said the Tennessee O-Line had 50 lbs on App State's D-Line.  And the Vols couldn't run the ball and had pressure in Dobbs' face all night.  If Kirby can get a full year out of his RB's at Georgia and Florida has a QB worth a damn, the Volunteers are going to have company at the top of the East.

Quote from: Bison on September 02, 2016, 07:24:32 AM
That App State Michigan game is a classic. 

Very little in this world makes me happier than the Wolverines losing.  Having a I-AA school beat you is priceless.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob