No Man's Sky - Too good to be true?

Started by Jarhead0331, June 17, 2015, 09:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

the sim version of Vogon poetry it seems.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 20, 2016, 12:23:56 AM
That girl in The Know is super cute.  :2funny:

And now you made me watch it.

PS you are correct

JasonPratt

The off-script aside-exchanges on that show are pretty painful, tho.  :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rayfer

JudgeDredd

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 20, 2016, 08:54:53 AM
The off-script aside-exchanges on that show are pretty painful, tho.  :buck2:
I like them  8)
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Rayfer on September 28, 2016, 10:34:38 AM
More troubles for the makers of NMS. From Rock/Paper/Shotgun.  https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/28/asa-investigating-no-mans-skys-steam-advertising/#more-401439
mmm....let me see...

**holds hand to chin and looks to the sky**

...what other game am I aware of that has advertising that has misled clients....?  ???
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

An RPS source filed complaints to the ASA regarding the trailers and screenshots used to sell No Man's Sky on Steam, arguing that they are unrepresentative of the product being sold.

This is probably just sloppy wording, but it seems to imply that RPS is somehow involved in the complaint process. That would rub me the wrong way.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Yeah, I read it that way. It seemed, further on though, that they mentioned a reader

The complaint, our reader tells us, was made not out of malice against this particular game, but rather a desire to make a larger point about the nature of the way he alleges customers are misled by gaming advertising
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Is this dead at the moment?

I hear rumblings of things being fleshed out at some point - and also false advertising, being sued....seems like the story of the game is more interesting than the game itself.

But I would be interested to know if anyone has fired this up in the last couple of weeks and whether there's any differences?
Alba gu' brath

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 06, 2016, 07:57:15 AM

I hear rumblings of things being fleshed out at some point - and also false advertising, being sued....seems like the story of the game is more interesting than the game itself.

But I would be interested to know if anyone has fired this up in the last couple of weeks and whether there's any differences?

Interestingly, I just uninstalled it.  F1 is so much fun.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: jomni on October 06, 2016, 07:58:38 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 06, 2016, 07:57:15 AM

Interestingly, I just uninstalled it.  F1 is so much fun.
O0
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Huge 1.3 GB update for this dropped today.

New game modes. Base building. Freighter buying.

This will be my new machine and monitor work out test.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Barthheart on November 27, 2016, 01:02:37 PM
Huge 1.3 GB update for this dropped today.

New game modes. Base building. Freighter buying.

This will be my new machine and monitor work out test.

Interesting. The team lost one of its lead developers to the Star Citizen people recently. I had deleted this and written it off. I'm interested in your post patch impressions.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

^Yes, and hurry. The holiday sale ends soon!  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Capn Darwin

It blows that the update crashes the game with mods loaded. The TAA is causing a spastic screen shudder too on my Nvidia 960 (got the game going after stripping out all my mods).
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.