CBGB the movie

Started by GDS_Starfury, December 24, 2014, 12:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

this was a pretty fun watch

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1786751/
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MetalDog

Sorry, man.  Usually, I can live with your misspelling.  It's just kind of what you do.  But, when you want to let everyone know you are talking about the New York club CBGB's you can't put CGBS in the title.  Throws the uninitiated.  Having said all that, I looked at the cast list and there's some serious talent playing in that movie!  I'd be interested to watch it.  Where did you see it?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

at home, after 12pm and after a buncha beer.  hence the title mistake.  O0

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

MetalDog

I was sure there was a (not so) good reason.  Just figured with proper titling, you'd get more of the crowd you were shooting for ;)

MetalDog

Sorry.  Found this after the Talking Heads vid.

Staggerwing

That CBGB movie looks interesting. I'll have to check it out after I get around to reading the copy of 'Please Kill Me' that I was gifted a few years back. I noticed that the musician list includes Wayne County but not Jayne County.

I saw Rupert Grint listed as playing Cheetah Chrome and I thought 'WTF?' but after seeing this:

(Grint and Cheetah now)

and this:

(Johnny Thunders and Cheetah Chrome in 1979)

I figure I'll hold off on judging until I see the film.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

It's an enjoyable watch.  :)

GDS_Starfury

Martok

That actually sounds interesting.  Alan Rickman's performance alone looks like it would be worth watching. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces