Main Menu

Sony's Spine

Started by BanzaiCat, December 17, 2014, 06:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Yeah, the Cubans and a lot of Central America domino-effect victims were among the invasion forces, but they were support troops for the 'real' Commie invasion.

(I wonder how much Star laughed while watching the original Red Dawn...or any of you for that matter...)

I don't know about 'Mexcio' as an antagonist. 'Latnios' are pretty passionate but I don't know if they're that ornery. :)

Steelgrave

Oh my, well.....imagine that!

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/business_markets/2014/12/north_korea_experiencing_severe_internet_outages

"North Korea experienced sweeping and progressively worse Internet outages extending into Monday, with one computer expert saying the country's online access is "totally down." The White House and the State Department declined to say whether the U.S. government was responsible."

BanzaiCat

Steelgrave

They shut down a company, we shut down a country. Now if only we would release all the found emails detailing various depravities and the videos of Supreme Brat Kim Jong-un playing naked patty cake with Dennis Rodman......you know we have them.

GDS_Starfury

I still maintain that Rodman was possibly the most brilliant CIA plant ever.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Steelgrave

He sure as hell fooled me! Of course, it's not like Rodman would even stand out among the Groghead bunch.  ???

GDS_Starfury

my theory is that it wasnt Rodman but the camera crew that went with him.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Steelgrave

Makes sense, but damn...I liked the idea of Rodman as a spook  >:D

GDS_Starfury

well, he was the front man for the op.

GDS_Starfury

hes actually a pretty nice guy.  Ive bounced into and off of him quite a few times in Chicago mosh pits back in college.

Steelgrave

You and Rodman.....so which one of you was the weird one?

GDS_Starfury

well it was at Crobar Chicago on Wednesdays, which was the clubs fetish night.  honestly neither of us were remotely in the same league as the pros.

Steelgrave

Considering what Rodman has worn in public, that's a disturbing thought....

GDS_Starfury

the stage had a 9 person rack made from old rail road ties with iron torches on the corners.   :smitten:

those where the days.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 22, 2014, 02:52:01 PM
Yeah, the Cubans and a lot of Central America domino-effect victims were among the invasion forces, but they were support troops for the 'real' Commie invasion.

(I wonder how much Star laughed while watching the original Red Dawn...or any of you for that matter...)

I was 15ish at the time (that was 85, right? -- I'm pretty sure I had to wait till HBO to see it). My friend and bro and I liked it a lot. There was even a board game, still around now I think, more or less based on the story. "Fortress America". Thus, by the way, my reference to Mexico for the next Red Dawn remake: Mexico teams up with Russia in that game.

QuoteI don't know about 'Mexcio' as an antagonist. 'Latnios' are pretty passionate but I don't know if they're that ornery. :)

(I just got the mis-spell joke, btw.  >:D )

Well, we've fought several wars in the past, and came close to fighting another one in WW1. They might need a coalition from a bunch of Central and South American countries, and a historical precedent for violent revolution so the current government isn't a foregone conclusion (as admirable and hard-fought as their relative stability has been since... the 80s? 70s? They're stable only by comparison to most other C/SA countries.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!