Main Menu

Uncertain FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 21, 2020, 06:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

My sister graduated Fordham with an MBA as did a lot of the people I work with. Still a very good school.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: twitter3 on February 21, 2020, 03:08:01 PM
I have been plugging along with my adventure in IceWind Dale 1 and will continue that.

Played IWD1 a long time ago and actually finished it.  IWD2, as good as it was, I never played to the end.  Not sure why.

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 21, 2020, 02:59:37 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on February 21, 2020, 02:44:18 PM
I might have to drive down to NYC to look at Fordham University with W8taminette ver. 1.0 this weekend.  If there is any time left I'll probably continue my roaring rampage as Russia in Empire: Total War.   

Come out to Long Guyland and say hi while you're out this way.  :coolsmiley:

Haha!  I can almost hear the accent in my head.  I might just do that if there is time.  Any good places to take my wife and kids to eat there that you can recommend?

Quote from: Gusington on February 21, 2020, 03:08:38 PM
My sister graduated Fordham with an MBA as did a lot of the people I work with. Still a very good school.

Thanks Gus that's good to hear.  I'm a bit nervous to be honest with her going to a school right in the middle of down town Manhattan but I've been hearing a lot of good things about the school.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

-budd-

FOG2 and BA pbem turns, then will probably continue with Skyrim, I'm getting pretty badass with a bow. I took a detour to Morrowind for some black book crap, not feeling it, going back to the main quest line. I managed to get the turn into a Dragon power, now i'm out of there, not sure i'm a high enough level, some of those enemies were tough, ran out of arrows.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

W8 the main campus of Fordham is not in Manhattan, it's in the Bronx...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Still have three mp Field of Glory:Empires running.  Any one of them can still go up/down.  I am sure to get some Civ IV mp in, too.  I made Ragnar my vassal to stop our war.  It looked like Zara Yaqob was going to bring the pain on the opposite side of my empire and I needed to get troops there ASAP.  Now that I have enough defense, I am going to cut Ragnar loose and take his only city.  Then, maybe, some peace.  I need to bring my War Weariness down and build the next round of buildings and infrastructure to handle my growing cities.  Side note, just to illustrate how much of a dick the computer is, one of my recently conquered cities revolted for Ragnar.  That reduced my zone of control.  Ragnar sent two Workers in, while it was under his ZOC and had them take a Village (33 Turns to Town) and made a farm out of it.  Basturd.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GroggyGrognard

This weekend, some more game time with The Division 2. I just received my order of the hefty new C3i magazine in the mail. 

The included game, Mark Herman's Waterloo Campaign 1815, I'd like to get on the table for some solo action.

Have a great weekend, Grogs!

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

twitter3

Quote from: Rayfer on February 21, 2020, 04:11:24 PM
I have been plugging along with my adventure in IceWind Dale 1 and will continue that.

Played IWD1 a long time ago and actually finished it.  IWD2, as good as it was, I never played to the end.  Not sure why.

I have started and stopped IWD1 a few times and vow to finish it to the end as I have IWD2 and definitely want to give it a go.

Rayfer

Quote from: twitter3 on February 22, 2020, 09:10:07 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on February 21, 2020, 04:11:24 PM

I have started and stopped IWD1 a few times and vow to finish it to the end as I have IWD2 and definitely want to give it a go.

Good luck and have fun.

Sir Slash

I loved the Icewind Dales because I could recreate my entire party from the Gold Box series for the game.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Dammit Carl!

Feel like I'm sliding into gaming ennui, so going to change things up.  Just don't know in what way yet.

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on February 21, 2020, 05:24:55 PM
W8 the main campus of Fordham is not in Manhattan, it's in the Bronx...

Right...I forgot to mention she's going for the Manhattan campus.  Well it turns out due to my misunderstanding we are not going this weekend but we will be in April.  How I got the message mixed up is beyond me but there you have it.  So maybe I'll see you New Yorkers in the spring.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Whatever campus, Fordham is a solid school choice.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

After being near the top of my wishlist for some time, I finally picked up Age of Wonders: Planetfall in the current flash sale.  Between the price and the new big patch (the "Tyranasaurus" update), it felt like it might the right time to get into this one. 

Am still on a Total War kick, but am currently feeling Rome II calling to me.  I think I'll either start a new game in the Grand Campaign with my old favorite, Pontus, or renew my Syracuse campaign in Rise of the Republic

I'm also playing a bit of the Dominus Galaxia beta.  It needs fleshing out (and of course there are various bugs still to squash), but I'm enjoying it so far. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces