Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by Pete Dero, October 04, 2019, 12:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Coming to a PC near you :

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61153/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Coming-to-PC-November-5th

Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to pre-order at the Epic Games store, Greenman Gaming, the Humble Store, GameStop and additional digital retailers starting October 23rd with a pre-order bonus of 25 Gold Bars for Red Dead Online. Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to purchase on Steam this December.

al_infierno

Exciting news.  This game played like arse on PS4, so I hope they tighten the controls a LOT for the pc version.  The first RDR is one of my all time favorite games so it'd be an understatement to say I'm anticipating a PC release for the new game, with all the benefits that came with the GTAV pc release.

Did they ever make online worthwhile?  Or is it still a terrible grindfest with autoaim always on?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

-budd-

I love westerns, played RDR on the PS3, man i hate controllers. Loved the game though. I probably won't pick it up for a long while, i just don't pay $60 for games, well that's not strictly true i payed $65 for WITE complete..........but come on man, thats WW2 :)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Destraex

The advertising I saw was very misleading. It said coming to PC on a certain date. But what it meant was pre-order available on a certain date. At least that is what a mate said. I have never played the games. I hear they are very good.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

This is becoming an expensive month for me:(  No doubt on my buy list...

Grim.Reaper

Available for pre order now from Rockstar Game Launcher platform.......(2) free games come with it from their catalog.  Seems like two editions available, "special" which is $59.99 (regularly $79.99, seems like an upgrade of standard) and "ultimate" for which is $79.99 (regular $99.99).

Very little resistance for me, no doubt I will cave within the week....

Grim.Reaper

Yowzer, these newer games are starting to test system requirements:)  This recommended is at 12GB of RAM, not as bad as Jedi at 32GB but some folks might struggle with that.

But more eye-catching is the 150GB storage needed!  I really hope the download is big time compressed, otherwise that is like 15+ hours on my crappy internet connection.

Minimum specifications:

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K / AMD FX-6300
Memory: 8GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB HDD
Space: 150GB
Sound Card: DirectX compatible

Recommended specifications:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
Memory: 12GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB HDD Space: 150GB

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 09, 2019, 05:44:56 PM
Yowzer, these newer games are starting to test system requirements:)  This recommended is at 12GB of RAM, not as bad as Jedi at 32GB but some folks might struggle with that.

But more eye-catching is the 150GB storage needed!  I really hope the download is big time compressed, otherwise that is like 15+ hours on my crappy internet connection.

Minimum specifications:

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB HDD Space: 150GB

Was just going to post these, the cpu/gpu and ram requirements are bad at all, 150 GB HDD space is pretty beastly though. I think the new Call of Duty is around 170 GB.

SirAndrewD

Insane HDD requirement.  But yeah, I'm likely going to buy this game a second time.

Guess it's to Gamestop for a trade in of my PS4 version for chump change. 

I'm probably going to go all in and finally dig into the online portion.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on October 09, 2019, 10:45:20 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 09, 2019, 05:44:56 PM

Minimum specifications:

Was just going to post these, the cpu/gpu and ram requirements are bad at all, 150 GB HDD space is pretty beastly though. I think the new Call of Duty is around 170 GB.

wow...i pre ordered the call of duty game as well, hopefully they open pre loads soon so i can finish downloading by the time october 25 release date comes:). glad i ended up buying  the 4tb ssd for the computer i bought last year:)

JasonPratt

I just saw a PC release date of Nov 5th, on a commercial today.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

FlickJax

Will it support mouse and keyboard?

jamus34

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 09, 2019, 11:55:02 PM
Insane HDD requirement.  But yeah, I'm likely going to buy this game a second time.

Guess it's to Gamestop for a trade in of my PS4 version for chump change. 

I'm probably going to go all in and finally dig into the online portion.

Don't think that too far off from the ps4 requirements at this point, especially with all the patches.
Insert witty comment here.

W8taminute

Quote from: -budd- on October 04, 2019, 07:16:55 PM
...well that's not strictly true i payed $65 for WITE complete..........but come on man, thats WW2 :)

I totally agree with your thinking on this!

I had RDR2 for PS4 and returned it for store credit after a few months.  My reason for trading the game in for store credit are as follows:

1. The main character is lifeless.  I just couldn't find a reason to like him they way I liked John Marston in the first game.
2. Sensory overload and I mean sensory overload.  There is a ton of side quests, mini-games, meta-games, and odds and ends to do that my old brain couldn't handle it.  I barely got through the first chapter of the story because there are just too many shiny objects that whiz by you causing you to lose focus.  I just don't have the patience anymore I'm afraid.
3. The overall story is kind of lame.  Doesn't really connect with the events that happened in the first game and for me that dog don't hunt.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on October 23, 2019, 02:30:58 PM

2. Sensory overload and I mean sensory overload.  There is a ton of side quests, mini-games, meta-games, and odds and ends to do that my old brain couldn't handle it.  I barely got through the first chapter of the story because there are just too many shiny objects that whiz by you causing you to lose focus.  I just don't have the patience anymore I'm afraid.

This. This times 100! I barely made it out of the first chapter too and once I did, I never went back.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18