Main Menu

RIP Stuart Scott

Started by MetalDog, January 04, 2015, 12:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Watching NFL Countdown on ESPN, they announced that Stuart Scott finally lost his battle to cancer this morning.  They had a very nice retrospective piece on him.  I haven't watched Sportscenter in a long time, but, Stu, when he got there, made it must watch.  "Booyah!"  "Cool as the other side of the pillow."  Lyrics from songs.  A delivery that was a little hip hop.  All those things and more were what Stuart brought to the game.  Something that wasn't there before.  Something that you looked forward to when getting your highlights.  Rest in peace, Stuart Scott.  And peace, comfort and solace to your family and friends.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Damn, I didn't know he had cancer. I always appreciated what he brought to the table as a sportscaster. RIP.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

he was the star of my all-time favorite "This is Sportscenter" commercial, without saying a word...

He was washing his hands in the bathroom, when a racehorse walked out of the stall behind him

He started his career in Florence, SC at WPDE, and the news director there at the time was a guy I later went to grad school with in USC.  He had nothing but nice things to say about Stuart Scott.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

someone had to draw the short straw at Sportscenter today.  It was Hannah Storm

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

From Rich Eisen of the NFL Network.  Known affectionately as Stu's, "TV wife."

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/1/4/7490133/stuart-scott-rich-eisen-video
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob