Main Menu

Budget software?

Started by Toonces, December 13, 2013, 12:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Hello.
Do you guys use software and/or websites to work your budget and money management?  If so, what do you use?

Traditionally I haven't actually worked up a full-on budget but I'd like to work on that over Xmas break.  A fried recommended Mint.com which I tried tonight and I like, but it doesn't go back far enough.  I'd like to pull up the last 8 months and plug that into a spreadsheet to get a better feel for where my money's going.

I'm looking at Quicken, but I've never used it so any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks,
Toonces  8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GDS_Starfury

your money goes to your wife.  question answered.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MetalDog

Don't tell anyone, (hell, I don't tell anyone), but I went to school for accounting.  We used Quickbooks at one point during our course work and I found it real easy and intuitive to use.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

I've been using MS Money for the last 12 years. Works great and I'm gonna be might pissed when it finally stops working.... Converting to something else will be a pain.  >:(

Mr. Bigglesworth

I used to use quicken. It is a good product.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598