Main Menu

WWII Brass Brigade

Started by Zulu1966, November 26, 2019, 11:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

I see why you ask.  I watched the Superbowl Shuffle video.  Can't get those images out of my head now. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^Hahaha I blame McMahon and The Fridge.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Lol.  I stopped watching the video when it was the Fridge's turn to dance.  I knew my brain would be scarred for life if I didn't stop.   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

IMHO that was the least terrible part!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

(The coming from a Bears fan)

I think we need to share this with our non-US brethren and see what kind of crimes against humanity we can commit.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Calling all European, Asia and Anzac Grogs, come witness one of the greatest crimes against humanity, the Super Bowl Shuffle.

I imagine US black ops teams would play this at high volume for hours to wear down insurgents.
Insert witty comment here.

Pete Dero

I think I can beat that Bears clip :

Some people believed it was a good idea for our national soccer team to sing a song for the World Cup in the US.
This is some behind the scenes footage.  It gets even worse when the 'singing' starts at minute 2.

And if you wonder : this was really released as a single : https://youtu.be/N2pWzTofeRQ

W8taminute

Pete I've always liked that song and I thought this video you shared was awesome.  But I'm an 80s guy so I'm a sucker for this kind of thing. 

W8taminute: runs and hides from the impending laughter!

Thomm

Thanks to this thread I went ahead and bought the game (for 8 Euro).

I think that even if it had only the Arnhem map, I would still be content with the purchase.

To me, it is: 'Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far' in FPS mode.

Does exactly what I expected it to do! Perfect!! :clap:

Best regards,
Thomm

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Thomm on December 10, 2020, 06:47:34 PM
Thanks to this thread I went ahead and bought the game (for 8 Euro).

I think that even if it had only the Arnhem map, I would still be content with the purchase.

To me, it is: 'Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far' in FPS mode.

Does exactly what I expected it to do! Perfect!! :clap:

Best regards,
Thomm

I enjoy the game as well.

Glad you could find the "WWII Brass Brigade" discussion hidden in the multiple posts about some bears video...  :clap:
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Thomm

While doing so many things right, the game now appears to be 'fundamentally flawed' to me.

The problem that I am having is that I cannot set the respawn points for my bots.

They appear to spawn randomly across the map.

For my current favorite, the Arnhem map, this means that even with a huge global superiority there are never enough bots at the frontline at the same time, whereas the Germans, with only two spawn points on their side of the bridge, easily collect enough soldiers to push any advance back.

Best regards,
Thomm

Destraex

Looks kinda cool actually.
EDIT: Single player only. Shame. Because it looks easy and relaxing.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Thomm

Quote from: Destraex on December 12, 2020, 08:05:24 PM
Looks kinda cool actually.
EDIT: Single player only. Shame. Because it looks easy and relaxing.

The 'single player only' part is its biggest asset, though.

If I understood correctly from my superficial research, there are numerous more or less realistic 'tactical shooters' out there (Red Orchestra series, Battlefield series, Squad, Post Scriptum, Hell Let Loose, ...) which are multiplayer only (please correct me if I am wrong). So you depend on the availability of other people and working servers.

This is not the case with Brass Brigade, where you can configure the battles to your liking and get a consistent experience.

And it is not 'easy' by any means.

E.g., I tried to fool the defending Germans by sneaking along the upper flange of the Arnhem bridge (impressive view, btw). On coming down I encountered a German and neutralized him. Before he passed away, though, he managed to throw a stick grenade at me, which blew me right into the Lower Rhine! Remarkable!

Tanks are also quite scary.

Best regards,
Thomm

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Thomm on December 13, 2020, 06:08:22 AM

The 'single player only' part is its biggest asset, though.

+1

However, I would love to see a multiplayer game where players each have a few dozen bots to command. A 5x5 WWII game with each player commanding 20 bots. That would be something. Assuming the bots weren't brain dead of course.

The only multiplayer game that does that today is the Napoleonic DLC for Mount and Blade. In that game, there is a battle mode where each player controls about 20 troops.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.