Main Menu

HeadFRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, December 18, 2020, 07:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

DCS, Cyberpunk 2077, Aurora C#...mostly.

Enjoy!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

Love me some Front 242! Actually got a burr in my arse to listen to some Funker Vogt the other day.

Witcher 3, Oxygen not Included and Shadow Empires are on the docket for my long weekend. Probably some Star Wars Squadrons too depending on if friends are around, but I'm eagerly awaiting my stick and pedals to truly enjoy that and also start dipping a toe in the water with Elite Dangerous and maybe some Star Citizen and DCS.

Have a great weekend all!!!
Insert witty comment here.

Dammit Carl!

Still grindin' on muh missions in World of Tanks sos I can install Chuck Norris in one of 'em (probably a Patton or Pershing, of course).

Roll out!

airboy

I'm finishing up a Conquest of Elysium 3 game.

Gusington

JH you really hit the nail on the head - I love that track so very, very much. Anton Corbijn was the director (famous rock band photographer - awesome work with U2) who put the video together and ALLEGEDLY he thought the title of the track was 'Egghunter.' Thus the egg theme throughout. Not sure if that is true but I like to think it is :)

Iron Harvest every chance I get. I am beginning to think this is the game I have been waiting for my entire gaming life. The world of 1920+ just scratches so many itches - mechs, dieselpunk, a slightly different version of the Eastern Front and the First World War, and a new mini-DLC Russian Revolution campaign that just dropped yesterday.

Despite getting my ass kicked repeatedly on the 4th mission of the Polish campaign this week, I finally broke through it last night and am having a total blast. Highly recommended but be warned it is an RTS and I know that's not a cup o'tea for some of you.

Other than that, Rise of Flight, still trying to learn and enjoy without dying, including the Ilya Muromets campaign, and IL2 Flying Circus.

Also this week I discovered I had a backlog of Matrix coupons that I forgot about so I picked up the Eastern Front campaigns for Order of Battle, the base game of Panzer Corps 2, and ICBM.

Looks like it will be all Russian and Soviet history for me this winter :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2020, 09:13:45 AM
Looks like it will be all Russian and Soviet history for me this winter :)

In a similar vein, drop the dimes for Dan Carlin's "Ghosts of the Ostfront," series for several hours worth of East Front podcast centric goodness.

And thanks for the reminder that my Matrix coupon is sitting in my inbox!

Pete Dero

I've always been a bigger fan of The Neon Judgement  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Neon_Judgement).    But live both aren't that good.

The Neon Judgement is a Belgian new wave band, formed in Leuven in 1981 by Dirk Da Davo (born Dirk Timmermans, keyboards/vocalist) and TB Frank (born Frank Vloeberghs, guitarist/vocalist). They have often been cited, alongside fellow Belgian band Front 242, as the pioneers of electronic body music (EBM), an electronic dance genre from the early 1980s combining industrial and electro music.

So if you like Front 242 maybe you might like these too :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7ajhU8tPeU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w07oMyrEPyE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MDYSB5jftY

For gaming : more Cyberpunk 2077.

Gusington

Dammit Carl! do you have a link to that podcast?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2020, 10:01:24 AM
Dammit Carl! do you have a link to that podcast?

https://www.dancarlin.com/product/hardcore-history-ghosts-ostfront-series/

And if you haven't yet, run - don't walk - to his site to get his current series on Japan in and before WW2 which is is up to 5 episodes that clock in around 2ish hours per and is free to listen to.  Neighbors think I'm weird as I listen to his stuff out loud whilst doing odd bits outside, but screw 'em if they don't like deep-dive history podcasts.

Gusington

PREACH IT BROTHER.

Thank you!

OMG this thing is a history lovers rabbit hole in the best way  :notworthy:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2020, 09:13:45 AM
Other than that, Rise of Flight...and IL2 Flying Circus.

Just curious as to whether you see much difference between the two - I haven't been back to RoF since FC came out.

Gusington

To be clear I am quite the newb at both, but initially the graphical improvements are amazing and Flying Circus is much more evolved, to put it minimally.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Myrmidon

Dominions MP for me, along with my new Outpost in Dwarf Fortress.  Instead of the production of metal artifacts, weapons and armor, I'm going to be trying to focus on being a major Brewery, with a top notch Inn. 

The Expanse season 5 is out, so gotta come up with some time to start watching that. 

Sir Slash

AGEOD's American Civil War 2 to put me in the mood for Christmas shopping.   :knuppel2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Lotti Fuehrscheim

For me it is of course Shadow Empire, but I also started a campaign of Shadowrun Hong Kong last night.