Post Yer Favorite 80s TV Shows

Started by BanzaiCat, January 29, 2018, 05:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Because my dad used to let me and my brother stay up late on a Friday night to watch it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

bbmike

^Is there a site that lists all of the really bad 80's TV shows???
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

BanzaiCat

Glad someone listed Automan. I looked forward to Thursday nights my freshman year of high school because this and Masquerade were on. The intro to Masquerade wasn't the greatest but I really liked the show.

A friend of mine got me into Tales of the Gold Monkey, too. This show had been trying to get on the air since the late 70s I think but network execs didn't think anyone would care about pulpy-type adventure stuff. Raiders of the Lost Ark made them change their tune real fast. Too bad this didn't last that long.

Voyagers was another one. I really liked the time-travel aspect of it. Real shame about Hexum.

Buck Rogers, too...man. Erin Gray.  :dreamer: :dreamer: :dreamer: :smitten:

(I know technically it started in 1979, but still.)

DoctorQuest

Quote from: bbmike on January 29, 2018, 08:15:57 PM
Quote from: DoctorQuest on January 29, 2018, 07:47:45 PM
Quote from: bbmike on January 29, 2018, 07:25:09 PM
^I've never watched an episode of The A-Team.

And you call yourself a sci-fi fan...  :nerd:

:wow:

Hey....It had Reginald Barclay.. What's not to like?
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

Quote from: bbmike on January 29, 2018, 08:45:05 PM
rhetorical questions.  :P

That's too complicated of a concept for this crowd (myself included)   :bd:
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Quote from: bbmike on January 29, 2018, 08:45:05 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 29, 2018, 08:18:24 PM
Quote from: bbmike on January 29, 2018, 08:15:15 PM

IMDb?

http://www.imdb.com/

It was one of them rhetorical questions.  :P

It was one of them sarcastic replies :P :P

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

SirAndrewD

Quote from: bbmike on January 29, 2018, 08:15:15 PM

I very, very sadly watched all those.  I'm pretty sure they're on a site somewhere. 

The first two, Automan and Manimal, I was very excited to see as a very young me.  NBC's new and brash head, Brandon Tartikoff had gone to great lengths to advertise for the new lineup with the hot new Sci-Fi shows as their anchor.  As a Sci-Fi starved kid, I tuned in excitedly after seeing all the ads. 

It was my first lesson in disappointment.  Kept me prepared for my life post 30.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

SirAndrewD

Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 29, 2018, 08:36:59 PM
Glad someone listed Automan. I looked forward to Thursday nights my freshman year of high school because this and Masquerade were on. The intro to Masquerade wasn't the greatest but I really liked the show.

Buck Rogers, too...man. Erin Gray.  :dreamer: :dreamer: :dreamer: :smitten:

(I know technically it started in 1979, but still.)

Of those shows, I actually liked Automan. 

And heck yeah, I loved Buck Rogers.  You've got the wrong intro though...

For those that love Erin Grey, you're welcome.