Skull Tales: Full Sails!

Started by jmkinki, May 08, 2018, 01:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmkinki

Greetings friends,

I'm pleased to announce that Eclipse Editorial has launched a new  Kickstarter campaign of a great title, Skull Tales: Full Sail!

Skull Tales: Full Sail! is a pirate adventures semi-cooperative game for 1-5 players aged 14 and up. You'll be able to play individual scenarios in 60-90 minutes or embark upon an immersive campaign that threads several different scenarios together into one captivating storyline.
The game also includes 52 miniatures - not counting stretch goals!

Set sail on the Southern Lady and explore the beautiful Caribbean sea, ripe with fearsome enemies and amazing treasures. Fame and fortune await you! Choose among twelve starting characters, each one with its own unique miniature, to be used on the different boards as you play through the game.

Kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eclipseeditorial/skull-tales-full-sail?ref=grogheads

Make your own destiny and become the terror of the seas in Skull Tales: Full Sail!

bayonetbrant

man....  and I was trying to save my money for Origins!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jmkinki

Greetings friends,

Thanks to all of you for your support! With your help, we've funded the game in less than an hour... and this is just the beginning!

With your help, in the first 24 hours you have unlocked 15 stretch goals, including plastic coins, plastic gems, a cloth bag, new tiles, a prestige dial and more minis... we've already achieved the amazing number of 71 miniatures! including the Twins, that will still be available as an add-on after the 48 hours Early Bird.

We have lots of surprises prepared for the campaign that we will reveal to you gradually, starting with a lot of cool SGs. We hope that you will enjoy them as much as we do!

There is not much more to say than thank you - for your support and for helping make this project a reality in such a short time!

jmkinki

Greetings friends,

At this time, we have more than 31 unlocked SG's, as well as the Boardgamegeek.com fans social goal. Unbelievable!

Once more, thank you for your support!!

bayonetbrant

I keep waffling on this.

it's an awesome-looking game, and I love the idea of variable settings (at sea, on shore, etc)

I just don't know that I'm going to get $100 of playtime out of it, no matter how awesome it looks :-\
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

jmkinki

Greetings friends,

Because of you, Skull Tales: Full Sail! is able to take to the sea!

Before showing you the impressive list of what's been accomplished so far in this campaign, which has really set off at a great pace, we wanted to let you know that we're preparing a video where we'll see the game being played in English. We would also like to ask for your patience as we prepare images of some of the game elements for future updates.

So, even with 35 SGs unlocked in just 48 hours, there's still a long journey ahead of us before the Kickstarter campaign ends – which also means more booty!

Let's check out all the booty we've got so far!

- Miniatures (32 additional ones: 2 new heroes, 5 new enemies (26 minis), 2 enemies for the Journey phase and The Twins.
- Cards (51 new cards unlocked)
- 10 tiles (swamp, pit, lava) along with their tile markers.
- 4 medium tiles with corresponding markers.
- 40 plastic coins instead of tokens with aged finish.
- 20 plastic gems representing 2 gold coins each.
- 5 double-digit dials to keep track of your pirate's prestige.
- The action point compass dial allows you to keep track of spent AP.
- One exclusive metal coin for backers, used to mark who the Captain is.
- One cloth bag with the game's logo.
- Character sheet notebook to write down stats between games.
- 2 complete Campaigns.
- 3 independent adventures.
- New PVP game mode with 16 cards and 3 scenarios.

Skull Tales is sailing...raise the sails!

BanzaiCat

Damn. And I've been looking at pirate-themed games lately (such as Blackbeard by GMT).

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on May 13, 2018, 04:28:31 PM
Damn. And I've been looking at pirate-themed games lately (such as Blackbeard by GMT).

I think Merchants & Marauders is more interesting, and has much better components.  Just better all around than Blackbeard and more to do in it.

BanzaiCat

Thanks Nef, I'll look into that one.  O0

jmkinki

Quote from: Nefaro on May 14, 2018, 03:02:16 AM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on May 13, 2018, 04:28:31 PM

I think Merchants & Marauders is more interesting, and has much better components.  Just better all around than Blackbeard and more to do in it.

The only similarity I have found with Merchant & Marauders is the pirate theme...  :coolsmiley:

This is a semi cooperative adventure game when you have to explore islands, and sail in the same ship with the other players. So it's look like a different game with the same theme.

jmkinki

Greetings friends,

Many of you have already had the chance to meet our wooden dice tower which we've been using in many events we've been to, either in person or through videos.

We are proud to announce that we have a final design! It's very easy to set up and it can be dismounted just as easily, without the need for glue. This add-on will come with its own carton box.

We hope you enjoy it!!

bayonetbrant

that dice tower is pretty cool

jmkinki

bbmike

Man, I'm having a hard time talking myself out of backing this.  :hide:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak