Main Menu

SpaceBourne 2

Started by Jarhead0331, February 17, 2023, 08:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I think Splattercat also ran a demo video of Executive Action 2... https://store.steampowered.com/app/510500/Executive_Assault_2/

Here are both videos:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Executive Assault and Executive Assault 2 are both very good games. Also impressive for a solo developer.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Skoop

Man, this game actually looks good.  Maybe Chris Roberts should hire this dev, star citizen might actually be finished this decade.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Skoop on February 24, 2023, 07:04:04 PMMan, this game actually looks good.  Maybe Chris Roberts should hire this dev, star citizen might actually be finished this decade.

Someone posted a Steam review that said: "wow. Star Citizen has made some real progress."

...and I laughed.  :2funny:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

solops

This is another game I bought but have not played. It is getting constant updates!
So is UA Dreadnoughts, aaand Shadow Empires got a new beta 2 or three days ago. My cup runneth over.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

W8taminute

So I think light, medium, and large capital ships are unlocked through story and or level progression.  The only ships I've run across at the market are fighter class.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on February 25, 2023, 03:04:15 PMSo I think light, medium, and large capital ships are unlocked through story and or level progression.  The only ships I've run across at the market are fighter class.

My understanding is that there are no player controlled capital ships presently in the game. The developer is considering adding them as a feature.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Its far from perfect, but this game continues to amaze me. Its got rough edges, the dialogue is wonky and there are some graphical and technical glitches, but for early access, and again, a one man development, it is staggering how complete of an experience this game is. There are so many elements and features it literally puts Star Citizen to shame. For a solo, single-player experience, this game is extremely notable and the developer deserves a God damn medal.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 25, 2023, 04:45:38 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on February 25, 2023, 03:04:15 PMSo I think light, medium, and large capital ships are unlocked through story and or level progression.  The only ships I've run across at the market are fighter class.

My understanding is that there are no player controlled capital ships presently in the game. The developer is considering adding them as a feature.

Oh I see.  I have no doubt that capital ships will be added at some point.  Even if he ultimately decides not to add large ships there is so much to do in this game that I can overlook their absence. 

The latest patch added some new space station types for the player to visit.  Brilliant!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

W8taminute

Update:

So I've progressed the game far enough to where I have my own faction now.  Currently it is composed of 47 civilians, 3 space-fighter teams, and 1 ground assault team.  I've conquered 2 space stations from a minor faction. 

Money is starting to pour in through my personal trading as well as taking stuff from this minor faction I'm at war with.  I need to figure out how to trade for material, research points, and other building blocks need to construct my own space stations.  I feel guilty stealing it from others. 

One thing I will say, this game is in early access so many of the features are not implemented yet.  Caveat emptor. 

Jarhead0331

^Are you following the story path by doing those missions, or are you just playing the game in sort of a sandbox style mode?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 06, 2023, 10:10:54 AM^Are you following the story path by doing those missions, or are you just playing the game in sort of a sandbox style mode?

I've been strictly playing the story mode up until the mission where it wants me to construct my command space base.  I'm stuck on this mission so now I've veered off the road and playing sandbox style until I get the resources and money I need to construct that command station. 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on March 06, 2023, 10:13:20 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 06, 2023, 10:10:54 AM^Are you following the story path by doing those missions, or are you just playing the game in sort of a sandbox style mode?

I've been strictly playing the story mode up until the mission where it wants me to construct my command space base.  I'm stuck on this mission so now I've veered off the road and playing sandbox style until I get the resources and money I need to construct that command station. 

I'm still at the point of the story that has me running around the galaxy to solve why my android went postal. Honestly, I'm losing interest in the story, but don't feel like I've progressed far enough to go sandbox either. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 06, 2023, 10:16:45 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on March 06, 2023, 10:13:20 AM

I'm still at the point of the story that has me running around the galaxy to solve why my android went postal. Honestly, I'm losing interest in the story, but don't feel like I've progressed far enough to go sandbox either. 

IIRC that mission was a little buggy.  Sometimes the tracked mission text in the upper left hand corner tells you to wait until so and so comes back.  If you sit there an wait so and so never comes back.  Try going back to your hidden base or simply fly to the nearest 'escape point' (that orange colored station on all system maps).  That should trigger the next event you need to get past the mission. 

I'd go into more detail but I don't want to spoil the story.  You can go sandbox at this point where you are currently, you just won't be able to do a lot of the faction building stuff. 

steve58

SB2 is on sale at Steam for $12.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)