New Stronghold game in the works - reveal video on the 13th of july

Started by Anguille, July 08, 2023, 07:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Gusington

Nice that came out of nowhere - can't watch the video right now, can I get a summary?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on July 08, 2023, 08:33:59 AMNice that came out of nowhere - can't watch the video right now, can I get a summary?
It's mostly the announcement of the next reveal. They say however that it is a big reveal and something which is being requested for a long time by the community.

Gusington

Awesome - just have to wait until 7/13.

Admittedly I am not a big part of the Stronghold community so I really don't know what they have been asking for...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Anguille on July 08, 2023, 08:46:17 AMThey say however that it is a big reveal and something which is being requested for a long time by the community.

BUG FREE LAUNCH! BUG FREE LAUNCH! BUG FREE--

:HideEyes:

...post launch support... post launch support... ...post-launch support...?

:HideEyes:  :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Anguille

I am putting my bets on Stronghold 4. Stronghold 3 is still the black sheep of their games (already from 2011) and Stronghold 2 is from 2005 (almost 20 years).

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Gusington

Must be - the Age of Empires definitive editions work well for me, so I will get this...pending price announcement of course  :judge:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Never got into these so likely will be a pass for me regardless of price, unless free:)

Anguille

Not what i was hoping for (a true sequel). We'll see how much it will cost (i already have the HD edition). Might get it when it's on discount.

CJReich46

Quote from: Anguille on July 14, 2023, 03:41:42 AMNot what i was hoping for (a true sequel). We'll see how much it will cost (i already have the HD edition). Might get it when it's on discount.

Same.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

JasonPratt

Mm. Well. Huh.

Okay, the main difference between this and the HD edition(s), aside from a new third campaign serving as a sequel to the original military campaign (there was also a purely economic campaign, no fighting), is that the graphics have been completely redesigned rather than shifted into modern high def.

Plus various unknown quality of life improvements, and (better?) Steam workshop support.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Plus a deep sale.

I like the game, I've beaten its military campaign at least three times in my life (the last being on the HD release), but unless I'm going to go hard on multiplayer (which is unlikely), I'd rather have a polished-up Stronghold 2 system.

Admittedly, my opinion on that might change a year from now depending on workshop mods.