Main Menu

Remembrance Friday

Started by Anguille, December 17, 2021, 02:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

20 years this week since he passed away...one of the greatest rock artist and a great guy.

Plan to play some more Stellaris. Have a nice game going on. Plan also to install Star Trek Armada.

Pete Dero

I love the Big Country sound !

Not in the mood for much real gaming so I will continue leisurely cruising the universe (Elite Dangerous).

Crossroads

Big Country! Saw them live a few times at their day, liked them a lot  O0

Not much gaming this weekend. Work work work.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Gusington

I love Big Country too...they hold a special place in what is left of my heart.

This weekend I hope to beat the Age of Empires II Definitive Edition Inca campaign (very good one) and perhaps start a game of Age of Empires IV.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

BoC work, and CMO work (Trying to get some more description files written up for CMO units, before releasing the next images/description package).  For gaming, Flashpoints and CMO. 
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

nelmsm

Well I'm off from today thru Jan. 2, 2022.  Plan to catch up and stay caught up on PBEM's and then playtest for either WDS or Matrix at least two hours a day and try to have 1 hour a day where I can just play what the hell I want to play for the fun of it.  Leaning towards spending time with Shadow Empire.  Might be a break for a quick trip to College Station to see the grand kids but other than that should have plenty of free time on my hands.  Of course I managed to develop a nasty upper respiratory infection to start my vacation off but I'll get thru that.  Also, if anyone knows any tricks to get my internet browsers to work right again I'd be glad to hear them.  I'm running Windows 10.  I can get to some of the sites I use pretty regularly like this one but other stuff just keeps timing our.  Even my Yahoo home page does it as well.  I've flushed the DNS a bunch but it doesn't help a lot.  Same for Firefox, Edge, and Chrome.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Anguille on December 17, 2021, 02:14:04 AM
20 years this week since he passed away...one of the greatest rock artist and a great guy.

Amen.  This guy right here still gets weepy when in me cups and watching Big Country videos.

Anyway, still murder-hoboing my way around the island in GR: Breakpoint and ignoring the family (can't help it, with all the help items turned off, it becomes a very much a game where sound is vital to knowing where the bad guys are and things will get even better (or worse) when I enact the Spartan mod, tee-hee), and, when weather permits, working on them damn leaves in the back yard.  Curse you, old oaks.

All the best to all of youse, youse guys, and have a good weekend.

Gusington

^For a little bit there I read that as if you were talking about real life, not a campaign of GR...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Are you kiddin' me? With a new Spiderman and a second season of Witcher, there's little time for games. Wait. What did I just say?  ???  :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

So far I've played Combat Mission Cold War (got my ass handed to me in the first mission, unless by success they meant I suffer 100% casualties.  I really need to learn another tactic besides frontal assault.   ::)  ) and the Gettysburg scenario in Grand Tactician.

I might boot up CMO and try out the Silent Service DLC later, followed by some Cold Waters.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MengJiao

Quote from: Toonces on December 17, 2021, 09:20:20 PM
   Cold Waters.

Sounds good.  I'm heading for Gloucester Mass for the usual Christmas weeks.  Back in January!  to more Grogginess

Tanaka

Continuing my SCWW1 PBEM match with Old Crow: https://youtu.be/7RXcWGIqO5c

Things started out rough for the CP as they go for a more balanced approach but things slowly turn around as the Brits, French, Russians and Serbs start feeling the pressure...will the Russians pull back on their assault on the Ottomans?

As well as my first WITPAE PBEM match with Skyland. No AAR for this one which is a shame as it has been a blast and quite a show...maybe the next one I play I will attempt my first AAR...

Things have been quite active on the WITPAE forum as a new future final patch has been announced..