Cloris Leachman Has Died

Started by Labbug, January 27, 2021, 05:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bobarossa

Someone give me a whinny in remembrance. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

RIP Cloris.

Quote from: bobarossa on January 28, 2021, 04:52:13 PM
Someone give me a whinny in remembrance.

OK, I'll ask.  What?  ???
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

She was Frau Blucher (sp?) in Young Frankenstein and every time she appeared on screen a horse would whinny in the distance  :smitten:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

:DD  I'd forgotten about that.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Classic, man. And hilarious every single time.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Found this on snopes.

Cloris Leachman, on NPR's "Fresh Air" on June 3, 2009, claimed that Mel Brooks told her that Blücher (as in Frau Blücher) means "glue" in German, hence the reason for the horse whinnies. However, this is not true: Blücher bears no resemblance to the German for glue. It's a very common name, so that shouting "Frau Blücher!" is essentially equivalent to shouting, "Ms. Jones!" According to supplementary information on the DVD, the horse's terror at her name is meant to show that she is a terrible and frightening person and, according to Gene Wilder, "Lord only knows what she does to them when no one is around".

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Gusington

And Harvey Corman. You're not making me feel any better!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Quote from: Gusington on January 28, 2021, 07:04:45 PM
She was Frau Blucher (sp?) in Young Frankenstein and every time she appeared on screen a horse would whinny in the distance  :smitten:

#:-) now I remember her in that movie.  Thx...

jamus34

She was also great in Beerfest.
Insert witty comment here.