2015 Grogheads Fantasy Baseball League

Started by Bison, March 06, 2015, 10:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Yeah, between miggy & holiday missing 100+ games, my hitting wasn't for shit
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

This is the first time since the league started that I missed the playoffs.  Good luck to all those in the winners bracket!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

I pretty much knew from the moment the draft was completed that my team was boned.  No pitching and very little in the way of productive power hitters.

MetalDog

That can all be solved with a live draft.  Then, you only have yourself to blame if you suck.

Bison

I don't have the energy to deal with setting up a keeper league with live drafting for baseball.

MetalDog

Doesn't need to be keepers.  Not really enamored of that idea anyways.

bayonetbrant

Every year there are at least two or three players I would love to be able to keep. So I would not be opposed to a keeper league with a small roster that stays from year to year
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

Of course the playoffs roll around just as my entire roster goes in to a freefall.  :knuppel2:

Marty Ward

I will never figure out pitching. I have a 9.82 ERA and a WHIP over 2.00 but have 2 wins and a save.

I think this is going to be a close match. What is the tie breaker if you end up in a tie?
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

MetalDog

I don't know for sure, but, I believe the tiebreaker is higher seed advances.

Bison

It's based on who had the better head-to-head record during the season.  The winner of the regular season head-to-head series advances.

Marty Ward

What a tough series. 4-3 going into Sunday with 2 categories separated by 2 points or less and runs, wins and steals tied. I can't believe my slow ass runners and crappy pitching came through at the end.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

KyzBP

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 14, 2015, 07:23:46 PM
Every year there are at least two or three players I would love to be able to keep. So I would not be opposed to a keeper league with a small roster that stays from year to year

I wouldn't mind that either, and a live draft.  I'm probably being over ambitious.

MetalDog

Regardless of the sport, baseball or football, I will ALWAYS prefer a live draft to auto.  I would rather live and die with the picks I made than the arbitrary rankings of who knows who...

Bison

I'm pretty sure fantasy baseball isn't a nepotism system.  Who you know has nothing to do with the shitty team yahoo gives you.  Because otherwise I'd have had a much different team then the sorry lot of losers that I ended up with this year.