Panther Games to Change Publishers

Started by Arjuna, September 01, 2014, 11:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

I'll just say this - based on 3 different pieces of information, from 3 different sources who did not talk to each other in advance and probably have no idea they all talked to me, I'm 98% certain I know what's happening.  The problem is that I can't talk about it publicly without betraying some confidences and I'm not going to do that.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Con

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 02, 2014, 01:17:12 PM
I'll just say this - based on 3 different pieces of information, from 3 different sources who did not talk to each other in advance and probably have no idea they all talked to me, I'm 98% certain I know what's happening.  The problem is that I can't talk about it publicly without betraying some confidences and I'm not going to do that.

^ You Tease

Unless it involves underwear a monkey and a piece of string you should be able to give more details than that without really breaking any confidences

Con

Grim.Reaper

Yep, never would ask anyone to leak any confidential information....I am sure we all will find out soon enough when they are ready.  I am just hoping the news results in more games/expansions based on their system but in shorter release cycles.

undercovergeek

Or send PMs to us all

Bison

Isn't that what anonymous sources are used for to scoop news stories?  I'm not saying you need to call them Deep Throat, perhaps Fall Rosa or something.

Boggit

I hope they fix the text cutting off on the information screens before they go. HTTR is fine, but COTA and onwards cuts off a lot of important text making it hard to follow what is going on with a unit during a battle. It seems to be a problem ever since I got a widescreen monitor @ 1920x1080, as it didn't happen with my old monitor - now in monitor heaven O:-).
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Bison

Quote from: Boggit on September 02, 2014, 02:37:56 PM
I hope they fix the text cutting off on the information screens before they go. HTTR is fine, but COTA and onwards cuts off a lot of important text making it hard to follow what is going on with a unit during a battle. It seems to be a problem ever since I got a widescreen monitor @ 1920x1080, as it didn't happen with my old monitor - now in monitor heaven O:-).

Boggit make sure your default view in windows isn't set to something other than 100%   Panther games like Ageod have text issues if you use a zoom level other than 100%.

Boggit

Thanks Bison. Sadly it is at 100%, and no luck. :( (Win 7 Professional)

Strangely HTTR is fine, it's COTA that truncates the info panel on the left. If you have any other ideas let me know. I'd love to get it playing properly. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

-budd-

I don't know if your talking about the same thing, but i had to reduce my font size when i had the issue. Window 7 defaults to 125% text size, I set it to 100% and it fixed me up.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Capn Darwin

Win8 defaults to 125% - thanks Microsoft for the f'up.  :tickedoff: One other font setting to look at is DPI. Having that not set to the default can also blow up text boxes.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

bayonetbrant

Wait, wait... you guys are actually unhappy with your Windows boxes?  After all the crap y'all give me about my Mac, you'd think they do everything but give bl....  uh...  family show here, move along :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

James Sterrett

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 02, 2014, 05:51:48 PM
Wait, wait... you guys are actually unhappy with your Windows boxes?  After all the crap y'all give me about my Mac, you'd think they do everything but give bl.... 

What do you mean, "but"?  ;)

Back to the main topic -- Dave, I trust you'll keep us posted about where you wind up!  :)

panzerde

Quote from: Con on September 02, 2014, 01:19:50 PM

Unless it involves underwear a monkey and a piece of string you should be able to give more details than that without really breaking any confidences

I just want to register a vote for hearing more about the underwear, monkey, and piece of string. As fascinating as the Panther thing is, it's not every day you get a good monkey story.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Nefaro

Wait, wait... you guys are actually unhappy with your Windows boxes?  After all the crap y'all give me about my Mac, you'd think they do everything but give bl....  uh...  family show here, move along :)

Computer users bitch about everything.  At least PC users are given the option to use a plethora of alternatives when it happens.  :P

Staggerwing

Quote from: Nefaro on September 02, 2014, 07:36:39 PM

Computer users bitch about everything.  At least PC users are given the option to use a plethora of alternatives when it happens.  :P

You mean alternatives such as OSX?  ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys