Main Menu

FRIDAY !

Started by Pete Dero, January 28, 2022, 05:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Elite Dangerous & Grand Tactician American Civil War.

Jarhead0331

You're doing it wrong. If Metaldog was still hear, you'd be in trouble.

DCS, Distant Worlds 2, Expeditions Rome, maybe some Star Citizen v3.16.1.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

- Star Citizen - 600mb patch
- WARNO
- Post Scriptum CRETE

Who knows what else.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Anguille

Not having Distant Worlds 2 access unlike some lucky others :hide:, i plan to plays some:

- Oriental Empires
- Stronghold Warlords

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 28, 2022, 06:38:47 AM
You're doing it wrong.

The song title only has one word !

I got 99 problems, but I hope that post ain't one.

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on January 28, 2022, 06:49:30 AM
- Star Citizen - 600mb patch
- WARNO
- Post Scriptum CRETE

Who knows what else.

Yep.  Post Scriptum CRETE and Stations Manned and Ready (naval miniatures that I transpose onto a hex grid with little cardboard ships doing their 2-dimensional best ) so far there have been
magazine explosions in 1904 (don't get your armored cruiser raked over the bow when trying to approach and blast a convoy!) and other odd moments.

Gusington

A little more of The Troop, a little less Panzer Corps 2, a little more Order of Battle, perhaps some Wolfenstein: Youngblood.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Combat Mission: Red Thunder. I will be killing lots of Russian soldiers, playing AS the Russians in the, "Hammer's Flank" campaign.   :-[    Have a good one Grogs and keep your little piggies warm.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Redwolf

Dammit Carl!

Weather depending, looks like I got plenty of appliance moving to do on Saturday, so yay.

Otherwise, I've still plenty of mooks to ice in GR:Breakpoint and things to crash in to in Wreckfest, so I'm good.

Stay safe, folks, and see ya out there.

al_infierno

I still haven't gotten around to playing CS: Vietnam beyond the training missions.   :-[  Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

I've picked Insurgency back up for some casual bot popping.  I tried to update my dedicated VM server and somehow it completely wiped out the scripting for all the mods I use.  Thank god for VM snapshots or I'd have been really upset with myself!   :bd:

Hitman 3 has been pretty fun, great game despite the odd review bombing on Steam.  The pricing to get all the extra content is a bit steep, but most of the DLC seems like extraneous BS to me anyways.   I'll have to start posting videos of some of the wacky, zany stuff that happens in that game.  If anyone's not familiar, just go to YouTube and search "hitman briefcase" and you'll see exactly what I mean.  ;)

Also, throwing dice in Tabletop Simulator as usual.

EDIT - This video's too good not to share.   :2funny:

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: al_infierno on January 28, 2022, 03:04:12 PM
I've picked Insurgency back up for some casual bot popping.  I tried to update my dedicated VM server and somehow it completely wiped out the scripting for all the mods I use.  Thank god for VM snapshots or I'd have been really upset with myself!   :bd:

Man, I dig me some Insurgency, but I'm more fond of the first iteration over Insurgency: Sandstorm.  Still, both games are nice and brutal.  :)

Gusington

Hahaha that Hitman 3 video!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 28, 2022, 03:26:07 PM

Man, I dig me some Insurgency, but I'm more fond of the first iteration over Insurgency: Sandstorm.  Still, both games are nice and brutal.  :)

Same, that's exactly the one I play ;)  If you spot SithAdmin's Server on the server list this weekend, jump on!  :P
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

EDIT - This video's too good not to share.   :2funny:

I don't see what is so funny. It's Agent 47. Totally believable.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18