F-35B Ship Suitability Testing

Started by Shelldrake, February 08, 2012, 09:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

~Sunflare~ posted this video on the 1TT facebook page and I thought that I would share with our own prop heads.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki86x1WKPmE&feature=player_popout
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

LongBlade

Well, that shows how much I keep up with military aviation. I didn't even know the F-35 had VTOL capability.

Sunflare hasn't been invited here yet I don't think. Shelldrake, want to ping him?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Shelldrake

Quote from: LongBlade on February 08, 2012, 09:37:32 AM
Sunflare hasn't been invited here yet I don't think. Shelldrake, want to ping him?

Will do.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

mirth

Quote from: LongBlade on February 08, 2012, 09:37:32 AM
Well, that shows how much I keep up with military aviation. I didn't even know the F-35 had VTOL capability.

It's just the Marine version that will have VTOL/VSTOL. That's the main reason it's been delayed even more than the Air Force & Navy versions. It is pretty damn awesome though and will add a lot of punch to those baby carriers the Marines operate.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus