The Aurora

Started by MIGMaster, March 06, 2012, 02:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIGMaster

I'm just doing an informal poll here on what you guys think:

Do you think the the Aurora in service or not ?

mirth

I think the program still exists. Don't know about active service. I'd guess yes though.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Centurion40

If it works and is reliable, yes.  Unless it's costs are prohibitive.  In which case no.
Any time is a good time for pie.

MIGMaster

Good God man - you truly are becoming borg-ed into a full fledged bureaucrat.  We need to get you back to the front line - first thing you know you'll want a job in Head Office  ;)

Centurion40

They won't take me, even though they know that they need me.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Shelldrake

Of course the Aurora is in service...I see it everytime I visit the in-laws near CFB Greenwood!  ;D

Seriously, I think it highly likely that there is an advanced spyplane called Aurora for lack of a better name that has replaced the Blackbird. The F-117 was in service and kept a secret for quite some time so why not Aurora?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

MIGMaster

Yes - you are totally correct Shell. How could I forget about out Aurora's and we did use them for intelligence work in Libya and Afghanistan didn't we ?

Re: the other "Aurora" I agree - there has to be something other than U2's. I'd luv to know the specs...