Ghost Pilots and Mystery Planes of the Korean War

Started by Steelgrave, December 04, 2012, 11:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

Thanks for the link, it was interesting.

I does bother me how the US government does not press the Russians and Chinese more to return bodies of our service men or release records of their captivity.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Longdan

Just whut exactly is Real Clear History?
Is it real Good History?
That article was interesting but full of all kinds of speculation...and denials.
Maybe be we should have a little Conspiracy Corner.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

W8taminute

Definitely an interesting read Steelgrave.  Thanks for sharing.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

eyebiter

The Soviets kept German POW's captured during the Second World War in Siberia well into the 1980's.  Wouldn't be surprised if captured American pilots during the Korean War suffered the same fate.  Many of those high ranking US officers would have operational knowledge of NATO war plans and USAF doctrine for any future conflict.

Longdan

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Quote from: eyebiter on December 05, 2012, 11:08:06 AM
The Soviets kept German POW's captured during the Second World War in Siberia well into the 1980's.  Wouldn't be surprised if captured American pilots during the Korean War suffered the same fate.  Many of those high ranking US officers would have operational knowledge of NATO war plans and USAF doctrine for any future conflict.

The Soviets were not good people. I was glad to see the Wall fall.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Longdan

I fell asleep during Finding Nemo.  The storyline strayed a bit.
Talking fish for gawds sake.  They should have had F-86's.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 04, 2012, 11:25:56 PM
An interesting read.

http://www.realclearhistory.com/articles/2012/12/04/korean_wars_ghost_pilots_and_mystery_planes.html

Steelie - Finally got around to reading this.  Good article.  The behavior of the Soviets isn't all that different from stuff my dad described dealing with in the mid-80s on his embassy runs from Helsinki, and even the Russians in the mid-90s during the arms control talks...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers