Return Of Reckoning - The Warhammer Online Server

Started by Nefaro, December 08, 2015, 10:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

You just have to be very careful when you're installing uTorrent.  There are several check boxes you have to uncheck during installation.  Do that and you're good to go.  I've used it a few times and haven't noticed any adware on my computer.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

FlickJax

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on December 11, 2015, 07:23:34 AM
You just have to be very careful when you're installing uTorrent.  There are several check boxes you have to uncheck during installation.  Do that and you're good to go.  I've used it a few times and haven't noticed any adware on my computer.

This.

Just uncheck the extra boxes in uTorrent installer.

I just assumed that everyone was vigilant regarding installer checkboxes in all Freeware programs.  You should be!  :P

Tpek

Fun playing it.
Too bad some stuff is broken though (public quests for an example).

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on December 11, 2015, 05:10:43 PM
Fun playing it.
Too bad some stuff is broken though (public quests for an example).

Yeah, I'm sad the PQs aren't functioning yet.  They're supposedly working on it. 

I've had a rough time trying to time the ability chains due to what is obviously excessive latency to the servers on the other side of the planet. 

Wouldn't be so bad if the game supported a long time ability queue time period, but WAR specifically didn't so that you were forced to get into the rhythm of the global cooldown timer for best efficiency.  The extra latency to the RoR server has been making it much more difficult. 

Won't stop me from playing!

Tpek

Heh, being closer to Europe has its benefits I guess (no lag for me) :)