Main Menu

Underrail

Started by Tpek, December 08, 2012, 02:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

There's a new old-school style RPG in development, Underrail (currently in alpha).
It's sort of Fallout (the original 2) with heavy influences from Avernum series and the Metro 2033 universe (with crafting added on top of that).

http://www.underrail.com/

It's currently available (as an alpha version purchase, though there is also a demo out) at Gamersgate and Desura:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-UR/underrail-alpha
http://www.desura.com/games/underrail

Rayfer

The fifteen minute alpha build video down near the bottom of the first link very much reminds me of the original Fallout.  Might be one to check out when it's done.  Thanks.

Nefaro

I was eyeing that one a few months ago, on Desura, but it still looks like it has a way to go before I'll jump in.   I had the impression it isn't close to feature complete by a shot.

Love what I see thus far, though.  Isometric RPGs are some of my favorites.

Tpek

So this has now reached Steam's Early Access list.

And supposedly, according to the official forum, the developer will send out Steam keys to all who bought it elsewhere before :)

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on September 24, 2013, 08:13:55 AM
So this has now reached Steam's Early Access list.

And supposedly, according to the official forum, the developer will send out Steam keys to all who bought it elsewhere before :)

Yep.

I haven't played Underrail in a few months but it was looking excellent back when I did.  He's added more content since then and fixed up some other things. 

It's very much Fallout 2 style.  The interface and overall look is much smoother though.

Tpek

I just wonder when will the game be fully finished.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on September 24, 2013, 10:58:33 AM
I just wonder when will the game be fully finished.

He's stated that it's mostly content left to be done and the last few months' status updates on Desura have mentioned continued work on extending the levels further down (along with implementing Steam stuff).

Rayfer

I couldn't resist...loved Fallout 1 and 2 so I picked this up on Steam today for $9.99.  Just getting started, created a character and wandered around the base engaging in dialogue and opening cabinets and such.  No crashes to desktop, no issues encountered, but I haven't had combat yet.  I think I'm going to like this game.  Very much like those old Fallout games but in a different setting.

Nefaro

I think the combat is even more fun than the old Fallouts.  For one, there are some additional facets such as Psionics.  But one big reason is because the interface is so much better and informative.

Rayfer

Haven't looked at the manual (assuming there is one?)....is there a way to have your character run?

Nefaro

Quote from: Rayfer on September 24, 2013, 06:36:40 PM
Haven't looked at the manual (assuming there is one?)....is there a way to have your character run?

Unfortunately no.  I asked the developer, on Desura, whether we would get a faster movement speed while out of combat and he said no, no plans.

Rayfer

Too bad about running, it could use it.  Also could use a 'rest' function to get back at least some hit points, or instead have a slow healing over time...as it is now you have to use a bandage or healing needle (or whatever they are called) and they are quite expensive.  You can hike it back to the base and get free healing from the doc. but that takes a lot of time.  A map would help as well.  Otherwise, I'm having fun with it. Will be interesting to see where the story goes.

Nefaro

Underrail is going to be released Dec 21, and is in a final bug squashing stage right now.   O0

Those of you who like the idea of a new isometric RPG with a bit of a Fallout 1/2 vibe should keep an eye on it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250520/

Hi guys. It is my pleasure to announce that the game has now entered beta stage and will be released in full on December 21st 2015. As before it will be available on Steam and GamersGate, but now also on GOG.

In the following two weeks we will be doing closed beta testing to make sure the game has as few bugs as possible on release.

Also a little heads-up: at some point between now and full release the game's price will be increased from its early access/alpha price to its full price. Those of you who have followed us since the early days know well that the game has since grown in scope and quality far beyond that of the initial release.

Thank you all for being patient with us throughout the years, the long wait is now at an end.

Nefaro

Release date moved up to the 18th.   ^-^

..and a new trailer.