Just Bought an iPad Mini 3 - What Games do You Recommend?

Started by Gusington, January 17, 2016, 08:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Star Command is a fun little game with minor RPG elements set in space. I have it on my iPad.

Ubercat

Quote from: bbmike on January 17, 2016, 09:36:17 PM
The Tiller stuff holds up fairly well.

What Tiller games have you tried on iPad? I was stunned that you can't even check possible destinations before moving your units because they didn't optimize memory usage on the platform for the necessary algorithms. Has that been an issue for you? It was a game breaker for me.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bbmike

Quote from: Ubercat on February 27, 2016, 11:32:41 PM
Quote from: bbmike on January 17, 2016, 09:36:17 PM
The Tiller stuff holds up fairly well.

What Tiller games have you tried on iPad? I was stunned that you can't even check possible destinations before moving your units because they didn't optimize memory usage on the platform for the necessary algorithms. Has that been an issue for you? It was a game breaker for me.

Just the Civil War one. I agree that the interface isn't really good but from what I've played on the PC neither is it. But having said that, playing on the PC is certainly the better option.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

jomni

Pike and Shot
Exactly like the PC version (well minus the Campaigns).
Can't go wrong with skirmish and the community scenarios / mods which also is usable on the mobile device.