Howard Stern chatter

Started by Centurion40, September 22, 2014, 12:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

His conscience dwarfed his need for punnery.

Staggerwing

So much for small victories...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 23, 2014, 07:47:44 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on September 23, 2014, 06:00:25 PM
Welcome to the Dark Side, UCG.  :))

Just trying it out  :-\

..that's what we all said...but, once you start.....you just....can't......stop...........mwhahahahaha

(maniacal laughter fades into the distance, interspersed with the occasional 'gloiiingggggg)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Toonces

These tiny puns have in no way mini-mized the depth of my sorrow over the loss of Eric the Ack-Ack Actor.   :crazy2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

^ True. It's a small mind that doesn't appreciate his contributions to the world.

Centurion40

Quote from: Toonces on September 24, 2014, 06:42:18 PM
These tiny puns have in no way mini-mized the depth of my sorrow over the loss of Eric the Ack-Ack Actor.   :crazy2:

The Howard Stern Show made the guy's life a wee bit better.

Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

What show today!

Billy freaking Idol

and

Bill freaking Murray!!!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Centurion40 on October 08, 2014, 11:26:02 AM
What show today!

Billy freaking Idol

and

Bill freaking Murray!!!

Really? I listened to "Opie Radio" - they had Billy Idol and Joe Perry on there.

Gusington

Billy Idol did both shows on the same day?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Yeah, it's not surprising. O&A (now just Opie and Norton) would often get into fascinating conversations with some of these guys then have to end it saying, "oh, they're telling us you gotta wrap it up and go." Usually because they have other interviews.

Stern is on SiriusXM, as is Opie Radio, so no doubt they make the rounds and have schedules to keep.

Centurion40

Joe Perry was on Stern earlier this week.  Same with Robert Downey Jr.  O0

BanzaiCat

They were both pimping books they wrote (well, Idol wrote his, don't know if Perry did or used a ghostwriter).

Centurion40

And now Neil Young!  Sure he's promoting a book, and Pono, but Neil freaking Young!!!  :smitten:

MetalDog

Quote from: Centurion40 on October 17, 2014, 02:14:27 PM
And now Neil Young!  Sure he's promoting a book, and Pono, but Neil freaking Young!!!  :smitten:

Is that the state mandated Canadian love for a Canadian performer?  Or do you really like Neil Young?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Centurion40

I really like Neil Young.  FYI, Justin Bieber &Celine Dion is are different stories!