annoying songs stuck in my head today...

Started by bayonetbrant, September 22, 2014, 01:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship

Break Free - Ariana Grande (thanks kids!)

Hot & Cold - Katy Perry

Hey Ho - Lumineers

Most o George Thorogood's catalog...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

Bad Penny (Rory Gallagher).

Can't stop humming it.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

W8taminute

I hate when that happens.  We should take care when reading this thread though.  Just seeing the title of an annoying song stuck in someone else's head could end up spreading to others.  Assuming of course we know the songs that are mentioned. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Oh and Self Control by Laura Branigan. That song freaked me out when I was 9. Now it's in my head.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 22, 2014, 01:01:55 PM
Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship

Thanks. It's going to take at least 10 beers to get that POS song out of my head.  >:(
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Silent Disapproval Robot

One of the guys I work with takes sick delight from finding the worst songs of the 80s and playing them over the PA so that they'll be stuck in your head for the rest of the shift.

Some of the more annoying ones he's hit upon recently:

Tarzan Boy by Baltimora

Making Love by Air Supply

My Girl Wants to Party All the Time by Eddie Murphy

The theme to Airwolf just played on a loop for 2 hours straight.

Gusington

I think I may be working your PA without being aware of it. Tarzan Boy and My Girl Wants to Party All the Time are not so guilty pleasures of mine.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Fancy by Iggy Azalea.  More for the video than the song.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

eyebiter

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on September 22, 2014, 06:30:58 PM
Fancy by Iggy Azalea.  More for the video than the song.

I won't let them play Iggy Azalea when I'm in the car. But now I've got f'n Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" in my head
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

W8taminute

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 22, 2014, 03:56:08 PM

My Girl Wants to Party All the Time by Eddie Murphy

Awesome song and not a bad video either.  I remember fondly the period of my life when that song came out.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gusington

^The video featured Rick James, bitch! So awesome.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd