Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Staggerwing

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on October 03, 2014, 07:00:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6VRwa8bKGA

Two thumbs up.

Quote from: YoutubeThis video is not available in your country.

Sorry about that.

:(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Mr. Bigglesworth

Shit. It is a movie about the First Special Service Force. A joint US Canadian unit started in 1942. Maybe a search from your area will find it elsewhere.

Staggerwing

If it has Charles Bronson (among others) and includes a scene where the Canadian troops show off their parade ground flair only to end up in a giant brawl with the Americans then I think I've seen it before. I'll have to watch it again as I've forgotten most of the rest.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Mr. Bigglesworth

You probably saw it, there is a bald guy. There is a guy that looks like Bronson. They are not him or Yul Brenner.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Staggerwing

Sir Slash

With a very convincing and exciting battle at the end. Also one of my favorite Combat Mission scenarios based upon it( the original CMBO I mean).
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jejo68

So the royal marine commandos that was formed in 1940 doesnt Count ?

Is this like how the Americans was the first to get hold of an enigma machine according to Hollywood

Hehe in 1:15:10 the "german" commander is counting in Danish.

Barthheart

Quote from: jejo68 on October 06, 2014, 12:48:05 PM
So the royal marine commandos that was formed in 1940 doesnt Count ?

First Special Service Force was the actual name of the unit... not a claim on being first.

http://www.firstspecialserviceforce.net/

Labbug

The bald guy in the movie is Richard Jaeckel.  He had a long career in the movies and on television.  I remember him most as the head MP in the "Dirty Dozen".