Oz. Does it get any better?

Started by Ubercat, October 07, 2014, 09:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

My wife and I are a couple of episodes into season 2 and so far, not in love with it. The show feels like HBO's early training for making incredible series, like Spielberg's freshman film project or something. We can't fault the actors. They're all doing fine. It just seems like they could have been given somewhat better material.

Probably the most annoying thing is the 4th wall breaking monologues from the character in the wheelchair. He's a good actor (wasn't he later on Lost?), we just find it a bit too melodramatic and silly.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

GDS_Starfury

Oz.....  welcome to the 21st century....   great show though.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MetalDog

I didn't watch every episode of every season, but, I really liked the show.  Adebisi is an evil bastard.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

TacticalWargames

OZ was an excellent prison drama..well worth watching.

GDS_Starfury

it also launched the careers of quite a few people.
I still cant watch a state farm commercial without thinking about it.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.