Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

Started by Martok, September 05, 2013, 02:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Link

Looks like it's coming out next year, and that it will feature the Dinobots. 

I enjoyed the first and third Michael Bay movies (I was a huge fan of the show as a kid), so there's at least some reason to look forward to this one.  On the other hand, the second Transformers film (Revenge of the Fallen) was easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen, so I'm not filled with unbridled optimism either. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Centurion40

I liked the first, feature-length cartoon movie.  The first live-action one was fine (as was the young Megan Fox).  But the rest were 'meh', and I'm expecting more 'meh' in the future.
Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

Quote from: Centurion40 on September 05, 2013, 08:08:37 AM
I liked the first, feature-length cartoon movie.  The first live-action one was fine (as was the young Megan Fox).  But the rest were 'meh', and I'm expecting more 'meh' in the future.

+1 Like Martok, I grew up watching Transformers. The Bay movies have largely underwhelmed me.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

To be sure, the original animated 80's movie is unquestionably my favorite as well, and by a large margin. 

The Bay movies are more of a guilty pleasure for me; they're obviously not as good, but still enjoyable enough for me.  They're essentially "junk food" for my brain. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

mirth

I have enjoyed John Turturro's role in the Transformers movies.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Centurion40

Quote from: mirth on September 05, 2013, 09:46:10 AM
I have enjoyed John Turturro's role in the Transformers movies.

Agreed, a clear highlight!
Any time is a good time for pie.

OJsDad

A couple of months ago they were filming scenes for the next movie in rural South Eastern Michigan counties, I don't remember if it was Monroe or not.

The movies are alright, but I have a hard time understanding what any of the Transformers are saying half the time.  Also, with all of the sexual innuendo I just couldn't let my kids watch it until they are a lot older.  It probably isn't as bad as I think, but for a kids show I thought it was too much.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Arctic Blast

As long as we don't get the return of the jive talking 'comedy fodder' bots from the second movie. These movies are horrible enough without crap piles like that taking screen time.

Martok

I couldn't agree more.  They were one of the things that made 'Fallen' particularly horrible IMO. 

mirth

They're bringing Jar Jar Binks into Transformers 4 to fill the racial stereotype role :P

Martok

Sadly, that would actually be a slight improvement. 

mirth

Sir Slash

Sorry guys. I was paying attention to your avatars that I completely missed the post subject.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

Those are gonna be really sore when she gets older from doing that. Damn, why didn't they make boobs like that when I was young? :smitten:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.