Ghost Recon Impressions!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 22, 2012, 06:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

^Let us know what you think.  I'm watching the clock tick so I can blow out of my office, get home and continue playing.  My team is in the middle of their deployment to Nigeria right now and I hate to leave things hanging in the balance. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

^Will do for sure.  I estimate I've got 50 minutes before I make the attempt to escape.  It's funny you mention leaving your team in the balance.  I often start my mornings at work reflecting on the previous evenings gaming session.  Helps me kick start the day because I'm motivated to work through and get to my real goal.  :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek

many a drive to work spent pondering last nights moves!!!!

Jarhead0331

I sometimes plot strategies while I'm in the head dropping a deuce.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

best place for all strategical thinking - if i was a general id take a portaloo with me everywhere the battlefield was

Rommel's secret im sure

Jarhead0331

Just finished mission two and started mission three.  My impressions so far?  F*CKING AWESOME! This game kicks some serious a$$.  Its definitely the best tactical shooter since the advanced warfighter games, and it blows those two out of he water.  Last mission, I swept through a rebel occupied village and took out the entire rebel force undetected.  The optical camo is really effective when used properly.  Then, later in the mission, I got into a huge fire fight in the middle of a really bad sandstorm.  Visibility was like 5 feet, so I used my magnetic optics mode and it turned the tide.  In mission three, I finally got my little UAV drone and the tactical options are now really getting interesting.  There are so many ways to gather intel and plan your attack with this thing.

This is a seriously great title. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 23, 2012, 08:23:35 PM
Just finished mission two and started mission three.  My impressions so far?  F*CKING AWESOME! This game kicks some serious a$$.  Its definitely the best tactical shooter since the advanced warfighter games, and it blows those two out of he water.  Last mission, I swept through a rebel occupied village and took out the entire rebel force undetected.  The optical camo is really effective when used properly.  Then, later in the mission, I got into a huge fire fight in the middle of a really bad sandstorm.  Visibility was like 5 feet, so I used my magnetic optics mode and it turned the tide.  In mission three, I finally got my little UAV drone and the tactical options are now really getting interesting.  There are so many ways to gather intel and plan your attack with this thing.

This is a seriously great title.

Feel like writing up a short review of it?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

I'd rather wait for the PC version.  I can't take screen shots on the console (I know it can be done, but I don't know how).
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 23, 2012, 08:41:22 PM
I'd rather wait for the PC version.  I can't take screen shots on the console (I know it can be done, but I don't know how).

Screenshots require a special dev box. Not sure how much they cost, but it might be possible to be given one as a review site...provided we have an established record of reviewing consoles and have a large enough audience.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

^Well, if you can score one, let me know. I'd definitely write console reviews.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

W8taminute

^Ditto.  I would love to write reviews for console games.  I feel more comfortable writing about console games than I do for PC games for some reason.  Maybe it's because I've been a console game far longer than a PC gamer.  I started out way back when on an NES.  It wasn't until I got my N64 that I had really gotten involved heavily with PC gaming. 

On another note:

So I went to my GameStop last night immediately after work.  I went to Gamestop because they were the closest store to my home with the game in stock.  I walk into the shop and notice a 5x5 shelf full of Ghost Recon Future Soldier.  Thinking to myself that I would be enjoying the game in no time I asked the clerk for a copy.  He says no you can't have one because the copies he has left are only for the pre-orders.  That's BS I say to myself and if you (GameStop) think you broke my heart because I didn't pre-order you're an idiot.  I'm too old to fall for that marketing shit. 

Looks like I will be heading into Best Buy after work today.  Oh well, at least I get out of work early for the second day in a row.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on May 24, 2012, 01:55:54 PM
I went to Gamestop because they were the closest store to my home with the game in stock.  I walk into the shop and notice a 5x5 shelf full of Ghost Recon Future Soldier.  Thinking to myself that I would be enjoying the game in no time I asked the clerk for a copy.  He says no you can't have one because the copies he has left are only for the pre-orders.

I would have said, rhetorically, "then why are they all on display?"   
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

...............and then pushed them all over?

W8taminute

I showed those douches at GameStop what they can do with their pre-orders by walking right into Best Buy, picking up a copy, paying for it and walking out all in less than 8 minutes.

Fired up the game tonight and played a little bit of the campaign as well as Guerrilla mode.  After fooling around for about an hour all I can say is WOW!  You're right Jarhead, you gotta plan things out properly or you will get smoked real fast.  I practiced a bit on the firing range as well.  I think this is going to be a big hit.  Tomorrow I'm planning on giving MP a whirl.  I'll post some more feedback once I advance past the first mission of the campaign.

undercovergeek

Quote from: W8taminute on May 24, 2012, 10:43:58 PM
I showed those douches at GameStop what they can do with their pre-orders by walking right into Best Buy, picking up a copy, paying for it and walking out all in less than 8 minutes.

Fired up the game tonight and played a little bit of the campaign as well as Guerrilla mode.  After fooling around for about an hour all I can say is WOW!  You're right Jarhead, you gotta plan things out properly or you will get smoked real fast.  I practiced a bit on the firing range as well.  I think this is going to be a big hit.  Tomorrow I'm planning on giving MP a whirl.  I'll post some more feedback once I advance past the first mission of the campaign.

can you let us know how MP goes too - this is looking like the next game for the PS3 shoot em up nights we have