Main Menu

Time for an Xbox

Started by DicedT, September 04, 2012, 10:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

Quote from: DicedT on September 04, 2012, 03:53:53 PM
If the Xbox 720 is coming out in a year, then 360 prices should start to drop over the next 12 months. Maybe I'm better off waiting. $199 for a 360 isn't so bad, but that's with only a 4GB hard drive, I think. Sounds like you can't have more than one game on your HD.

You can also store game saves on a usb flash drive http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/storage, up to 16GB of data, so the 4GB HD model might be an option. The 4GB model is currently $150 Cdn at my local walmart so not too much of an investment if you don't like it. You can always use it to stream netflix, which is what my PS3 mostly gets used for.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

W8taminute

Excellent choice.  May your Xbox bring you as much joy as it has brought me.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grimnirsson

Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

mirth

Although I prefer to computer gaming more these days (mainly for the mods), I have been very happy with both of my Xboxes (original and 360). I suffered a RROD a couple of years ago, but MS took care of it free of charge and I haven't had a problem with the replacement (or repair job, they were a little vague on which it was).

I have a lot of great gaming in the last 10 years on Xbox with very few complaints. The biggest problem wasn't the RROD, it was the botched transfer of saved games to a new HD. That cost me all my saved progress/characters between games like Mass Effect :(
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

DicedT

Well, I've tried the Xbox for a couple of days now. Been playing Gears of War 2 in Spastic Mode. Not sure I like it. Between three directional switches, four buttons, and two push buttons in front, that's a lot of controls to manipulate. Seems to place a lot of strain on the thumbs instead of the mouse finger. Seems more difficult to get oriented than with a PC, though it may be my unfamiliarity (re: clumsiness) with the controls.

Michael

Grimnirsson

Michael,

if you are not used to controllers then you will need a bit more practice than just a couple of days. Sure there are a lot of buttons on a small space so to say and holding it and remembering what's where is not easy at first. Give yourself the time to play these games for some weeks and you most certainly will get better and eventually play games without even thinking that you hold a controller in your hands.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de