It's on! Steam Summer Sale 2020

Started by Gusington, June 25, 2020, 12:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: jamus34 on June 29, 2020, 09:32:36 PM
I remember Nexus SirAndrew....never made it far but it was an interesting concept.

Less than $2.  I heard great things so I'll give it a go one day...maybe.   I'm at the stage of Steam buying where I'm looking at sub $5 and just zoning out and adding to cart.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

SirAndrewD

The Valve Index $999 kit is somehow in my cart....

::)  No checkout yet.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

al_infierno

Another potential diamond in the rough I found is Cuban Missile Crisis for $.74.   Just the old Blitzkrieg RTS engine taken to a hypothetical 1962 Cold War Gone Hot.  This and the other more niche titles on this engine, Stalingrad and World War I, seem to be fairly well reviewed, so I figured why not.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Anguille

Quote from: SirAndrewD on June 29, 2020, 09:36:41 PM
I remember Nexus SirAndrew....never made it far but it was an interesting concept.

Less than $2.  I heard great things so I'll give it a go one day...maybe.   I'm at the stage of Steam buying where I'm looking at sub $5 and just zoning out and adding to cart.

Nexus is great game with a very good story....didn't manage to win one of the final battles....always wanted to replay it.

So far, didn't buy anything....yeah!

Destraex

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on June 28, 2020, 02:15:43 AM
Quote from: Destraex on June 27, 2020, 10:55:17 PM
Was in the mood for some bad RTS for $3 - $10.
Blitzkrieg 3 - bad
Sudden Strike 4 = bad

lol. Been wanting to try them for a while now and am sure glad I have Steel Division 1 and 2.
Feeling vindicated.

Did I mention I also got Imperator Rome and so far I don't mind it but am really disappointed with the lack of historical troops types. Everything seems to have been rationalised down to heavy or light. Is there a DLC that fixes this before the sales stop? Because I do like the game.

Don't think there is any DLC that does that but you might browse through the workshop and check the mods.
Apparently there is a mod but it is not up to date.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on June 30, 2020, 01:00:22 AM
Another potential diamond in the rough I found is Cuban Missile Crisis for $.74.   Just the old Blitzkrieg RTS engine taken to a hypothetical 1962 Cold War Gone Hot.  This and the other more niche titles on this engine, Stalingrad and World War I, seem to be fairly well reviewed, so I figured why not.

Hardly diamonds, but very rough.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

SirAndrew AssCreed Black Flag is absolutely awesome. Wait until you begin shelling a Spanish island fort...some of the most exciting gaming I've had in the last 5 years at least. I can confidently say you will love it, even if you're not into the whole Caribbean pirate thing.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Same.
I wonder how the game holds up today.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on June 30, 2020, 08:37:02 AM
SirAndrew AssCreed Black Flag is absolutely awesome. Wait until you begin shelling a Spanish island fort...some of the most exciting gaming I've had in the last 5 years at least. I can confidently say you will love it, even if you're not into the whole Caribbean pirate thing.

Good impressions on the opening, but not as optimized for PC as Odyssey which is smooth as silk with all setting maxed and 60fps set as the limit.  I had a lot of stuttering and had to use a hack to get it into 21:9.   I'll fiddle with the settings, I know it was meant for console and probably isn't even slightly using my I9's cores.

And I am into the Pirate stuff.   Sid Meier's Pirates was one of my first loves.

Gusington

Fiddling with the graphics will be worth it. It's all there except the dancing.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Doesn't Matrix hold a summer sale?  I'm only seeing Ancients games on sale.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

CJReich46

Quote from: Toonces on July 02, 2020, 11:17:38 AM
Doesn't Matrix hold a summer sale?  I'm only seeing Ancients games on sale.

It's part of their Birthday Celebration. It's only for 24 hours.

Gettysburg I believe is on sale this week as it is the anniversary of the battle.  Just fyi. :)
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

DoctorQuest

Here is the detail from a Slitherine email...

"A SPECIAL SALE EVERY DAY - FOR FIVE DAYS
Come and visit the Slitherine site every day from today until Monday and find out what we have in house for you.
For every purchase, you get a free copy of Slitherine's first game: Legion"
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

CJReich46

Quote from: DoctorQuest on July 02, 2020, 03:49:30 PM
Here is the detail from a Slitherine email...

"A SPECIAL SALE EVERY DAY - FOR FIVE DAYS
Come and visit the Slitherine site every day from today until Monday and find out what we have in house for you.
For every purchase, you get a free copy of Slitherine's first game: Legion"

LEGION!?! That was my first Slitherine game! Sweet. It would be nice to have it again.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 30, 2020, 07:11:33 AM
Quote from: al_infierno on June 30, 2020, 01:00:22 AM

Hardly diamonds, but very rough.

Oof, yeah.  I hardly spent half an hour with it before removing it from my drive.  In the future, I'll go with my gut instinct and save myself the $.75   :hide:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao