4th Annual NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge

Started by bayonetbrant, March 12, 2015, 08:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Really, Bison?  The password is WOLFPACK fer cryin' out loud!  Of COURSE he picked North Carolina to win it all!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Electric_Strawberry on March 17, 2015, 06:20:56 PM
Let me get this straight...The Big 10 actually has 14 teams...the BIG 12, which used to be known as the Big 8, actually has 10 teams.  And some people wonder why math scores in this country are declining.  Go figure.

Well, the Big 8 became the Big XII when they did, in fact, have 12 teams.
And one of the reasons for the numerical mismatch is that a Big XII team left for the Big 10 a few years ago.
At least teh Pac 12 updated their name...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on March 16, 2015, 11:38:06 PM
My bracket is done, but I didn't watch much basketball this year so it's all wild guesses.  Not that it'd be different in a year I actually watched more than one game.  :(

Dude, you won last year.  Don't sell yourself short :)

airboy

Picks are in.  Spent very little time at it.  About all of the basketball I watched this year were Auburn games live.  But I saw every AU home game but 2.  More than 75% of the Women's home games also.  I went somewhat with my heart in earlier rounds - but not so much in the final 4.

My chances of winning the office pool are close to 0% because some of those guys are pros and I picked a favorite to win.  You don't win large pools by betting on favorites to win the national championship - unless you can just sheer out-pick people in the first 2 rounds or so.  I've read some statistics on this and also observed office pools for 30 years.

bayonetbrant

I tried to pick from bottom up.  Lots of people pick their finals and then back up from there.  I try to pick the results of each game as they'd happen, and then for shits & giggles put NC State in the Final Four :D

bayonetbrant

OK, the First Four (lamest title, ever) is over, so every team is set in the field.

Go get your brackets finalized and let's get the Kentucky Coronation over with :)

airboy

YIKES!!  Almost did not get in the group.  Grogheads 2014 was on my "list of groups" and I just checked it an thought I was done.  Double-checked this morning, saw I was the only member - and realized that I needed to find the new group.

Suggestion - next year just call the group "Grogheads" and everyone should be able to just join the group with one click.

Just for laughs, my office group name is "What's Auburn's Seed?"

bayonetbrant

I was trying to draw the distinction btw years b/c 2 years ago I almost re-entered the 2012 bracket instead of the 2013 one.  So ever since hten, I've added the year to make sure people see the right one

Marty Ward

I knew I had the right one because Maryland was in it! :)
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

woohoo!  ALREADY SCREWED!

Iowa State goes down in game #2, and with that, I'm getting going ahead and getting screwed early to avoid the rush :D

BanzaiCat

Well looky there. My first rando pick, Notre Dame, won. And look who's at the top of the bracket.

For now. I'm sure that will change. ;)

Electric_Strawberry

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 18, 2015, 09:27:09 AM
Quote from: Electric_Strawberry on March 17, 2015, 06:20:56 PM
Let me get this straight...The Big 10 actually has 14 teams...the BIG 12, which used to be known as the Big 8, actually has 10 teams.  And some people wonder why math scores in this country are declining.  Go figure.

Well, the Big 8 became the Big XII when they did, in fact, have 12 teams.
And one of the reasons for the numerical mismatch is that a Big XII team left for the Big 10 a few years ago.
At least teh Pac 12 updated their name...

My comments about the Big 10 and Big 12 were tongue in cheek meant to show how ridiculous the rush to realignment has become.  I'm originally from the Kansas City area and know very well the history of the Big 8 and Big 10.  In fact, my interest in college basketball goes back to when Ohio State and Cincinnati used to fight it out for the National Championship in the early 60's.  Hell, I even remember when Wilt Chamberlain played for Kansas.  Yeah...I'm ancient ;D.

Speaking of the Big 8/12, my bracket got busted by Iowa State losing today.

OJsDad

During WWII, grandpa said that the Big10 only had 9 schools, they would use that fact as a way of trying to figure out if Germans were trying to infiltrate US lines by asking how many schools were in the Big10. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Looks like Iowa State got several of us.  :(
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob