The Uber Flashpoint Campaigns Game Discussion Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, January 09, 2015, 10:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panzerde

Quote from: Capn Darwin on February 08, 2015, 10:32:49 AM
Here's a preview of all of the changes we are doing for the 2.09 update. This should help those of you looking to play test the 2.09 update which will be available on the Matrix Games Members area soon.   O0

2.09 Update Preview

Thanks Cap'n. Those look great. Looking forward to giving this a try!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Capn Darwin

The file should be going live on the Members Page very soon (thought today), but we have two zips on our site one for the Matrix build and one for the Steam version. Make sure to use the right zip on the right version or things will break! Please report any issue or new bugs on the MATRIX Tech Support forum so we can deal with them.

NOTE: We had to pull the files. There are some debug elements left on by mistake and the file list checker for data is out of date and causing problems in the scenario editor. We hope to have new files up soon. Thanks. Joys of beta patches.  :coolsmiley:
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Capn Darwin

Files are here: 2.09 Beta2 Files

Comments and bug reports welcome. We hope to get the offical patch going in a few weeks if all goes well with Beta2.

panzerde

Quote from: Capn Darwin on March 17, 2015, 09:40:48 PM
Files are here: 2.09 Beta2 Files

Comments and bug reports welcome. We hope to get the offical patch going in a few weeks if all goes well with Beta2.

Great news! Downloading now.

-budd-

thx Capn, I really looking forward to trying out the screen scooting adjustments, my units dying in place under screen orders was bugging the crap out of me. I hope they will scoot even if there in good defensive terrain when  they start taking casualties.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Mad Russian

It's hard to get pulling back done right. There have been multiple sessions where that topic was front and center.

The hardest of all are the recon units. We feel if we can get those to act correctly we should be able to get the rest of the world to do like it should too. Expect that to be a major element in 2.1.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Capn Darwin

We are happy to announce that Jeffrey Sugden ("Iron Mike Golf" on the Matrix forum) has joined the team. Jeff is ex-Army (if there is such a thing) and brings a wealth of additional military knowledge to our team. He is also a programmer by day job, great with research work, and a good set of fresh eyes and new ideas for the game. Jeff will be working on a number of various tasks with the team in support of future releases of the Flashpoint Campaign's game engine.

Please welcome him aboard!  O0

panzerde

woot! It was good to meet Jeff at Origins and I'm glad he's going to be giving the team a hand. Welcome Jeff!

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

solops

Any suggestions on the first two or three scenarios to try? I am an old hand at these games, but my son is new to the sport. I'd like suggestions for us both, if there would be any difference.

This game looks pretty good. I am surprised that there is not more comment on it here.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Capn Darwin

Solops, most of the forum stuff we cover over on the Matrix Games forum. Lots of good info over there. To your question, if you are just starting out, try the Tutorial while reading through the guide. From there I would play A Time to Dance from the NATO side. It's a smaller scenario with your forces coming in slowly. It's a challenge to win, but a very fun scenario. After that, look for scenarios the start NS (NATO small) or WS (soviet small) and work up from there.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the game!

Capn Darwin

Go grab the latest beta update and also a surprise! Please read the PDF to see all the changes, fixes and new items. Enjoy!  O0

Find the Beta update here: http://www.ontargetsimulations.com/?page_id=28